SF E1E-Kl1 with Q3J Led, Short reveiw, pics & Lux

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Here is my short reveiw on the KL1 fitted with a Q3J Led, I just finished the tests today and uploaded, eventually I will test more combinations and set up comparison charts. I love my Flashlight and just cant put it down so thought I would make myself usefull and switch it on for a valid reason (testing) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/andyz/E1e-KL1-Q3J.html

roguesw

Enlightened
Andyz, by chance did you get your q3j from hotbeam in melbourne?
i got my and had a transplant on my kl3, my kl3 is usefull again, love the white beam,
Des

andyz

Newly Enlightened
roguesw

I got 4 of them on Ebay, but I must keep an eye out on hotbeams stuff, he is not far from where I live. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sonic

Newly Enlightened
Nice review andyz, I especially liked the lux readings at different distances. I also have a KL1 w/Q3J HD installed (thanks YC!). I love it, it made my KL1 useful again.

Sonic

andyz

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Sonic, I just arrived home today to find a brown box at my doorstep. My L4 and E2E with KL1 Head had arrived /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
When I compared the KL1 with standard LED to the KL1-Q3J I was very surprised to see how much better the Q3J really is, when I get some more time I will do a similar review on the standard KL1 and also some comparison shots. The L4? I am speechless, It is just outright AWESOME straight out of the box.