• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mac's cerakoted tri-edc

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
Mac's cerakoted tri-edc SOLD

I hate to sell this, but the bills are piling. This was from his first run. I didnt like the original engine (the timing was strange), so I had Mac upgrade it to the latest neutral engine that he is using (no red led). The color is great! No green/no yellow -- if anything the slightest tinge of red compared to other neutrals (which I think just means that it is truly neutral...and reveals the green and yellow in others). The beam profile is great too -- slightly more focused than previous versions.

I've carried it a bit -- it has a couple marks around the bezel. super-tiny. dab it with a sharpie and rub off the excess and they're gone (the nice thing about the texturizing). Swapping out the engine means that I've got more in it than I'll get out of it, but it's a perfect EDC light now. The black texturized cerakoting is a very uncommon finish, and looks superb. Maybe he would do a custom one like this again for someone, but it's certainly not production. $235 shipped Priority, (for 2 AW IMR 16340s with a dozen or so charges on them, add $10)

IMG_1606 by willtwoodrow, on Flickr

here it is from the original picture -- the texturized one on the left...

triedc by willtwoodrow, on Flickr

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Please edit your thread to remove the PP fees as per the banner at the top of the page - Norm

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, edited.

This light takes IMR 16340s, which last a surprisingly long time. I keep an extra one in the charger at all times and switch them out before the battery starts to flag so that they stay in good condition.

another plus for this light: I also have have a titanium version...I can say, that while it gets uncomfortably hot, the thickness of the texturized cerakoting keeps if from ever getting more than very warm

Last edited:

pOkiE

Newly Enlightened
What is the order of switching on this model (H>M>L or L>M>H) and does it have memory? Does it accept IMR 18350s? Is there any pre-flash when turning it on and does it have any issues with switching between outputs?

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
sorry about the slow response...was busy with sister's wedding this weekend.

The switching is H>M>L, with no memory. It just takes the 16mm width batteries. There is no pre-flash and perfect switching between modes. I just had Mac put the latest and greatest engine in it this year.

I've got over $300 in this thing and hate to sell it, but I need the money, so I'll do a one-time price drop to $235

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
no, the programming is fixed.

I believe the lumens on the tri-edc is between 6 and 700? Mac's site is down, so I couldnt verify. I will say that it is insanely bright, with a low that is perfect for reading menus and such.

price now is a painfully low $225

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
I've never been entirely sure what that means, but if it means that the light comes on before the click instead of after then yes

kadinh

Newly Enlightened
You are 100% right; that's what forward clicky refers to. Reverse clicky would be that the light came on after you clicked the light and let go of the switch.

Thank you for the info.

kadinh

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to send you another PM but your inbox seems to be full!