What is happening at 4sevens? (and where to buy?)

ginoinfl

Newly Enlightened
Damn, I'm really mad!

I've bought a few quality flashlights in my time. Surefire, Inova, and Olight. I tend to buy tactical flashlights, with a couple of A123s to power them - for me this seems to be the perfect size to carry around in a cargo pocket. The Inova and Olights haven't set my heart singing, and the Surefires have just gotten too expensive. So off I went, looking for a flashlight company that could capture my heart. And I found it, 4sevens. I found an online vender that sold the 4sevens for cheap (tacticalleds.com), and I bought my first one - a Turbo X for walking the dog at night. Man, what a light, just perfect for what I needed.

So, tonight I went to that website to buy a couple of tactical flashlights (one for me and one for my brother), and they are out of stock on all of the 4sevens stuff. After reading what I could, it seems that 4sevens is turning into Foursevens, and there is a real shortage of their product out there. What I want is a couple of Quark 2X123 tacticals, which I used to be able to get for less than a $100, delivered.

Anyone out there know where I can get them? I checked out the manufacturer's website, but they are $50 more expensive...

ginoinfl

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking at the model with 2 A123 batteries. Fits the hand better, IMHO. That brings me up to $130, which unfortunately is over my limit.

zenbeam

Enlightened
Follow one of the links in the first post of THIS thread and then navigate to the foursevens section under flashlights. A CPF Marketplace Authorized Dealer (madecov) has a nice selection of Quarks at very reasonable pricing. I picked up a Quark Tactical 123^2 R5 edition at $41. His line appears to be mostly currently in stock and available.

ico

Enlightened
The recent prices were really dropped because they were in a rebranding phase. They were trying to sell all the lights with old logo that is why you may have gotten some before at a discounted price

zenbeam

Enlightened
I love discounted pricing due to rebrands or updating technology, etc. Slightly older models can be quite good still. My R5 edition Quark is great! I also picked up an XP-E Q5 EagleTac P100C2 at a reduced price and it's an awesome light!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've see some old logo stuff still out there at great prices, it's dwindling fast though..

jerrysimons

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the old stock at the deep discounts is running out. I bought many of the lights I wanted from FourSevens when they went on the sale. The jump back to list price on the new branded stock, and for some models a price increase, has made my wallet shy to the remaining models I want :(
You could Keep a look out for sales, check out other sites (pm for links), and sign up for FourSevens newsletters.