Problem with my Sc600

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have an SC600, which I've had for about 6 months. Today it started acting funny. Essentially, it simply shuts off after one second of use on all brightness levels. At first I thought it was the protection circuit on the battery, but it has been doing it with all of my batteries. They are AW brand (good batteries) and have been working with this flashlight for months.

Has anyone encountered this issue before, and have any suggestions on what I might try before I go down the long road of warranty repair?

Thanks,
-PW

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Sorry I don't have any advice but mine just recently started doing the same and its only been dropped once, but it was only an arms length drop on grass and this was a week before I started having the issue. I tried cleaning it thinking that some dirt possibly got inside but no luck.

Up All Night

Enlightened
I've often read taking out the battery for an extended period, i.e. half an hour or so, will allow the electronics to reset and solve some ZL issues.
Worth a shot! You can always search "Zebralight Problems".
Good luck!

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try first to clean all the contacts with alcohol. Don't forget the top of the inner thread on the tube (bare aluminum).

Are you sure your cells are 4,2v when fully charged ? The problem could be your charger? The light has an over-discharge protection circuit so if the voltage drops under 2,7v, the light will shut down to protect your cell.

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
Yeah. The batteries are 4.2, fully charged. The problem is definitely with the light.

Leaving it without a battery overnight had no effect, nor did cleaning the contacts. My suspicion is that it is one of the safeties malfunctioning. Maybe the thermistor is damaged and it thinks its overheating, or maybing it is erroniously reading the battery voltage. Either way, its going to have to go back.

Now if only zebralight would answer their e-mails....

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight appear to be ignoring me. I've been waiting about a week for a response to my multiple queries regarding this issue and it has been radio silence. I have googled the topic of zebralight support and found that others have had dismal experiences getting them to respond, especially in regards to honoring warranty repair.

The whole thing is really off-putting, and I've changed my mind now on buying any more zebralights.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I might escalate beyond the website "contact us" form? They don't seem to have a phone number.

Any advice or counsel would be appreciated.

-PW

DrewDT

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for sharing this. I was seriously considering this light. maybe hds is a better option. You get what you pay for it seems.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dillo0

Newly Enlightened
I've also found it difficult to get a response from them. I wonder if there is a better way to contact them that would get their attention. I haven't seen my flashlight for two months.

biglights

Enlightened
Thank you for sharing this. I was seriously considering this light. maybe hds is a better option. You get what you pay for it seems.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

For $100 you should be getting some pretty good stuff. Have not had any problems with mine, hope they take tare of this for you...