I haven't been in the light market for a while. Anyone know of a light like this?

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
I am really looking for a light, AA/cr123/18650, one or any combination of those. That has a tactical tailcap for momentary and full on, twist for high/low.

Ideally my UI would be loosen the head for low, click the tail to cycle low/med/hi (similar to fenix), tighten for Turbo, with no modes if you click, just a straight tactical on/off.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can suffice with a low and high by tightening the head, I'd prefer 1 RCR123, but I'm open to options.

I looked at the current eagletac setups, like the p100c2, if it took 18650s, like the t100c2 if it wasn't quite so bulky.

adnj

Enlightened
Take a look at the 4Sevens lights they have an interface like this but you will need to add the tactical tail cap. You can change parts because they are available on the website separately. They tactical version of the lights comes with a momentary on forward clicky and two mode switching on the head - but you can choose the levels and program them in.

I believe that a Maelstrom G-series from 4Sevens might be worth considering also. 18650 with tactical tail switch, 4 modes by twisting the head.

There are a lot of magnetic ring controlled lights out also but you must hit the ring and not the head.

Good luck.
I am really looking for a light, AA/cr123/18650, one or any combination of those. That has a tactical tailcap for momentary and full on, twist for high/low.

Ideally my UI would be loosen the head for low, click the tail to cycle low/med/hi (similar to fenix), tighten for Turbo, with no modes if you click, just a straight tactical on/off.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can suffice with a low and high by tightening the head, I'd prefer 1 RCR123, but I'm open to options.

I looked at the current eagletac setups, like the p100c2, if it took 18650s, like the t100c2 if it wasn't quite so bulky.

Last edited:

yliu

Enlightened
How about the JetBeam RRT-0 XML?

Work on both CR123 and AA with an extension tube. If you use an RCR123, you'll get something like 550 lumens.

If you don't like the control ring then, the PA10 or the PC10 would be my suggestion. It has a similar UI to what you described, although I heard that the modes don't work if u use Li ion batteries.

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
if i recall correctly, the N-light st50 that has this exact mode configuration :
tightened : turbo only
loose : low/med/high/Strobe/sos
all with forward clicky.

there is also the cl1h-T or DBS-T from dereelight with this similar config and without blinky modes.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
Ahhh. Good call. although I went with the older vesion, dont' really need that many lumens in a pocket light (unless I really like it, then I will get one). I had a Sunwayman v10a for while, but the switch quit and I was too lazy to get it replaced. :( Found the S2 for about half as much.

How about the JetBeam RRT-0 XML?

Work on both CR123 and AA with an extension tube. If you use an RCR123, you'll get something like 550 lumens.

If you don't like the control ring then, the PA10 or the PC10 would be my suggestion. It has a similar UI to what you described, although I heard that the modes don't work if u use Li ion batteries.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
SWEET! The Nlight is exactly what I was looking for. turbo for bedside, low modes for work. Thanks.

if i recall correctly, the N-light st50 that has this exact mode configuration :
tightened : turbo only
loose : low/med/high/Strobe/sos
all with forward clicky.

there is also the cl1h-T or DBS-T from dereelight with this similar config and without blinky modes.

Ousanas

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions. Managed to find a couple that work, and spend more than I was planning to. But that's ok. :)

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's a fantastic light, and although its UI is slightly different than what you listed, its one of the best!

http://www.chiefsupply.com/4328-Koe...aspx?sku=2618&source=Google+Base_CHIEF+Supply

^^Thats the torch that most here are saving up for!

Seriously though, here's nice CR123 light that is small, pocket able, bright, inexpensive, very durable, has a rear click for on/off or momentary and a twisty head for high/low.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/jetbeam-bc10.html

^That was my 1st higher end LED light, and I bought mine about 9 months ago and its been in my pocket every day, being jostled around beside my keys all day long, but its anodizing has held up brilliantly, as its only lost about 1 - 2% of its anodizing, due to me flinging it out of my pocket into the air and onto the concrete because its lanyard gets caught up with my keys and when I go to quickly pull out my keys, it ends up flying through the air! Thats happened 3 times, and its hit concrete from 5-12 feet up, and only has 1 little ding on the top of the bezel to show for it. Still works brilliantly! Its been wet, hot, cold, and no problem. I keep it on low 99% of the time, because thats all I really ever need. Its 1 cr123 lasts a while too. For only $38.90, you cant go wrong, and even if its not exactly what you wanted, you'll still like it and you'll still use it and only be out less than $40. Its light enough that you dont even really notice that its in your pocket either.

Last edited:

Latest posts