How is the Eagletac D25 Mini Neutral tint?

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
I currently have the D25A Mini Ti (twisty) and it is a cool variant. The tint is pretty darn good, almost neutral as it is. Just curious what any of you think of the neutral xm-l t6 tint? I have a D25C Ti coming in neutral and I'm hoping I made the right choice, I was hoping for a touch warmer, but not sickly yellow.

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I currently have the D25A Mini Ti (twisty) and it is a cool variant. The tint is pretty darn good, almost neutral as it is. Just curious if any of you think the neutral xm-l t6 tint? I have a D25C Ti coming in neutral and I'm hoping I made the right choice, I was hoping for a touch warmer, but not sickly yellow.

This was a quandry for me too, as I ordered both the D25A and the D25C. I was going to get them in the U2 cool LED which is brighter, or maybe I wouldve gotten 1 in cool and the other in neutral, but I finally decided to get both in neutral(T6). I already have mostly cooler lights, with only 1 that is warmer, so 2 neutrals wont be bad.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
Please let me know Beach Honda, the anticipation is killing me. This is one of the most sought after, highly anticipated lights I have gotten in quite some time. Let me know what you think of it compared to the older cool version (Im assuming you have that one?). I too was originally going to go for max brightness, but figured it will be bright enough and decided to get better outdoor color rendition in the woods.

Last edited:

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
Highlandernorth, I would love to see a pic of both lights standing side by side (for size comparison) I actually decided last miniute to go with the d25c because it is now the same length as the old twisty AA version which I found to be about perfect. Sounds like the D25A might be a bit long now because of the switch. I usually don't like the short fat film-canister bodied cr123 lights too much but the height to width ratio/dimensions seemed about perfect to me this time.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
Cool Eagletac D25A Ti Twisty on the left. Neutral EagleTac D25C Ti Clicky on the right. I posted this pic on the Eagletac Titanium clicky thread but here it is again if anyone is interested. I am quite happy with the tint on the neutral! I don't think it is at all the sickly yellow some people said they hate other poor neutral examples. I would say it leans toward the warm side and I like it quite a bit! I couldn't get the photo to look like it does to my eye, it does look great in person, mainly wanted to show the tint difference between the two tints.

Edit: Did this quicky with a point and shoot, wb was definitely not accurate.

P1020793.jpg

Last edited:

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
Here is a better photo showing more lifelike color. To the eye, the green isn't so green at all the and orange isn't so orange but it's close. Not aiming at a white wall makes a huge difference as well. I prefer the neutral now though by far.

IMG_0969.jpg

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
I have the D25LC2 with neutral XML. Its a very nice beam and tint. The neutral is not as warm/yellow as my Zebralight SC600w. It is a bit brighter in the hotspot than the SC600w. I like it :thumbsup: