Recommend place to buy authentic flashlights

buddika

Newly Enlightened
I am a newbie to the flashlights world. I have noticed that there are many fake or counterfeit products in the market. Even places like Amazon. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy authentic products.

Thanks
Buddika

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Authentic as in antique??? Or as authentic as in not the clones?

I don't know about where to buy antique online. But origional lights, there are lots of tried and true dealers in the CPF Marketplace for the origional lights. FenixStore or Fenix outfitters for Fenix flashlights etc
goinggear is really good too

Johnno

Newly Enlightened
I am a newbie to the flashlights world. I have noticed that there are many fake or counterfeit products in the market. Even places like Amazon. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy authentic products.

Thanks
Buddika

I buy directly from the manufacturer (Zebralight for my last 4 flashlight purchases.) I would reckon that my "fake" product risk is pretty low.

fishndad

Enlightened
Authentic?
Lets just say reputable,or enjoyed widely by a large group.

As above look at, GoinGear ,they only carry reputable brands.
Fenix lights are looked upon highly as are JetBeam,Sunwayman,Thrunite,FourSevens and they
have many more.

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to go ahead and take the liberty of assuming that you perhaps misused the work "authentic". When you say authentic, I wonder if you mean "professional", "not crappy", flashlights. There are flashlights at home depot, ebay and your local hardware store that are barely worthy of the word flashlight. I suppose it depends on your definition of authentisity, but good quality flashlights are easy to find:

Some good brands are:

• Surefire; not to be confused with anything else ending in ****fire. (eg, Uberfire, Megafire, Coolfire, Superfire are all knockoffs).
  • Fenix
  • Sunwayman
  • Zebralight
  • 4Sevens (The Quark series; I love the word "Quark". Quark quark quark...)
  • Nitecore
  • Jetbeam
  • Eagletac

Any of these brands will serve you well. There are others, as you will see from scrolling down the forums.

There are many reputable dealers. Often the manufacturers will sell directly. There are outfitter stores like goinggear which have a good selection. I'm in Canada, so I really only know of the Canadian dealers. You should check out CPFmarketplace for more places to buy. They are a separate "sister" forum, exclusively dedicated to flashlight dealing.

What you want to avoid are the no-name brands that you see on ebay. If it has multiple LEDs or has no affiliated name, these are things you want to avoid. Ultimately, knockoff brands are not a problem unless you're buying out of the back of someones van. If you're really worried about it, order from the manufacturer directly.

Hope that helps,
-PW

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reputable Internet-based resellers that I know of;

Illumination Gear
Battery Junction
Shining Beam
Lighthound
Flashlight Connection
Bright Guy
Oveready
SBFlashlights
Light Junction
Bug Out Gear USA
hkequipment

Reputable manufacturers that offer their products directly from their website;

4Sevens
Surefire
Malkoff Devices
HDS Systems

Those are the ones that I can think of at the moment.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
My favorite so far: Illunation Gear, Tod has great prices and free shipping every time. Also a great little discount for CPF members! Runner up, Oveready.com out of Eugene OR! They have some nice stuff. Also had good experiences with Battery Junction. Good luck and do get too addicted or your wallet will hate you. :popcorn:

PCS

Newly Enlightened
I've had terrific luck and service from (in alphabetical order):

Battery Junction
Going Gear
HID Canada
Lighthound
Light Junction
Illumination Gear
Oveready

Most (if not all) of them have a presence here and in the marketplace. They're all quite reputable and great to work with.

tmt

Newly Enlightened
I'm also new to the whole flashlight scene but going gear seems like a good place to buy flashlights. I just ordered a klarus xt11, my first serious flashlight there. You can use their coupon code to get 10% off.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered successfully from this list:

Battery Junction
Bright Guy
Bug Out Gear USA
Elektrolumens
Flashlight Connection
Flashlightlens.com
Going Gear
HDS
Light Junction