AR-15 Light Mount

Frank A.

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. I would like to use my Fenix TK11 as a weapon light on my AR-15. Can anyone suggest a good mount that is reasonably priced? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Frank A.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your mount will also be dictated by the way you intend to activate the light.
Do you have a rail system?
Are you using foreward vertical grip?
There are many types of mounts by numerous companies, there are inexpensive mounts available from the light companies themselves.
US made mounts are manufactured by
Elzetta
Larue Tactical
GG&G
Viking Tactics
Midwest Industries
Daniel Defense
Impact Weapons
and a whole host of others
The individual weapon mount you use will be dependant on the location of the light on the handguards and the way you want to activate it.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I use the "offset" weapons light mount on my picatinny rail. You can find them made by NcStar all over the web for a few bucks. It works perfectly when I use a small VFG (RVG) and my thumb rests perfectly on the forward-clicky tail cap of my L2M. It's really no larger in overall size than my X300 light mounted on the rail, which I'll use if I'm using the Magpul AFG since my fingers naturally rest near the light switch.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Daniel Defense offset mount, works great if you run a VFG but isn't low-pro.

DDLightmount.jpg

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Or like poster #2 wrote about, a good steel scope ring will also suffice - and also gives it a nice low profile.

LMT 10.5" Because Failure Is Not An Option
001.jpg

Last edited:

Chris762

Newly Enlightened
Fenix Makes a Rail mount and Pressure switch that fit the Tk-15 and 21 Series. The rail mount will fit your light and the pressure switch should as well. You can PM me if you are interested, they run around $15 for rail mount and $17 for pressure switch plus a touch of shipping.

Latest posts