Jil Lite Stern 2

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered a Jil Lite Stern 2 from Korea.
Has anybody out there any experience of this light?
I already have a few Jil Lite's and have always been impressed with their quality.
The Stern 2 appears to be an update of the original Stern with a choice of smo or op reflecter
and either 850 lm cool white or 650 lm warm white. It employs 2 x 18650 batteries and is a very basic
2 mode (low and high) output light.
If it's anything like the original Stern it will be tough as old boots and built to last.
I will post my impressions when it arrives.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also love the Jil Lite, but they are difficult to get...

There was a dealer on CPFMP (Glos), but he went away because the demand was close to nothing at all. I got my lights dealing with Simon personnally, a good week ago I asked him about the Stern 2 and other lights, he told me he'd get back to me with details, but I'm currently waiting...

May I ask where you ordered your Stern 2, you can also send me a PM if you don't want to make it public.

The Jil Lite are not cheap and sometimes their emitters and specs are not really up to date. Their design is quite special however, you can configure most lights to your wishes and the quality is second to no other "asian" lights!

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
I got it from Gooddigitalshop.com, Sungji Bld. 6 Floor, 2 Muhak-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, 100-420, Korea, South. [email protected].
They also sell on ebay but the price of the Stern 2 on ebay is US$181.00 inc. postage whereas on their Seoul shop site it is US$136.99 + postage (US$14.00), I saved $30.00 ordering from the shop.
I bought a Jil Lite Constel from them a few weeks ago and they were helpful, delivery to the UK took about 2 weeks.
They seem to have the complete range of Jil Lites including the awesome NDB-9 (3600 LM)
I hope this is helpful

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link!

I'd already found it during my researches, but I was unsure about it and didn't make a search for the Jil Lite...

The Constel is nice, just something different with a terrific design and cool colors and I also like the Jenyx because of the colors... :D