Any Incandescent modder need 275w (!) bulbs?

php_44

Enlightened
Its a standard looking glass bulb 1" long with an additional 3/8" of pinched glass at the bottom. It's 1/2" in diameter, with two 3/8" long metal pins coming out of the pinched glass bottom. The filament is very robust looking and is 1/4" long very heavy gauge wire. They are a "T4" bulb type, and are 3400K color temp. The part number is GE FNT100, and they are designed to be operated either horizontally or with the base down. There are no internal reflectors.

Daniel - do I remember you're in Alaska? You could cut some serious holes in the night with these
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

php_44

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I just ran across these. They are 24v 275watt projector bulbs. Just the bare bulb. They are rated as 10,000 lumens (!), 50 hours minimum life. They cost about $10 US each. At this wattage they are more like a weapon than a bulb, but if anyone here was crazy enough to want them let me know. You could probably see through someone with this bulb. I have three, and might have access to two more. I am really curious as to what kind of light this would throw.

Still not interested - how about this: These things are intense enough to produce UV exposure from the bare bulb. They are about 10 times brighter than a typical 100w light bulb. You can actually get a sun tan from a one hour exposure. (though passing the light through a single layer of glass would eliminate this risk/benefit)
wink.gif

Lets see - two 12v lead acid batteries, or a good stack of NiMh cells.....hmmmm...

I'd take a trade for a 4aa stubby light, or any 2 or 3 cell (aa, c, or d) mag style light.

I'm a LED guy myself, but I have to find a good home for these!!
grin.gif
grin.gif