Eagletac D25A Clicky Ti battery recommendation...

wwilson

Newly Enlightened
I purchased an EagleTac D25A Clicky Ti CREE Neutral White XM-L LED Flashlight yesterday and was curious if the Titanium Innovations CRAA CR14505 3V lithium battery

(http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...-(CR14505)-3V-1500mAh-Lithium-AA-size-battery)

would pose any threat to this light. According to Eagletac's literature, the operating voltage is 0.8V - 3.0V so I'm thinking that it would work. I also have duraloops on standby if needed...

Please let me know your thoughts...

Thanks!

Billy

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a similar question: The D25C is supposed to be brighter with a 16340 than with a CR123, but I installed a new, recently charged Soshine 16340 into it, and the brightness stayed the same as with the CR123 3v battery.

Now, I got the neutral/warmer version with the T6 instead of U2, so maybe that has something to do with it, and maybe the T6 WILL NOT be brighter with more voltage.... Anyone know whats up with that?

I am awaiting 2 14500's, as they were supposed to come with my D25A, but were forgotten, so when I get them in, I'm wondering if they will make my T6 D25A any brighter?

Last edited:

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened
I felt I had the same issue, mine kept all the modes of a primary (supposedly lose the modes on rcr123) and didn't seem to get any brighter? Although the issue is my head wouldn't screw down all the way and allow for turbo mode, perhaps that is the reason. I'm waiting to order some Eagletac rechargeable cells from IG!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am awaiting 2 14500's, as they were supposed to come with my D25A, but were forgotten, so when I get them in, I'm wondering if they will make my T6 D25A any brighter?

I was looking at this light, from what I read, yes it will get brighter on 14500, but at the expense of dimmer (goes into direct drive and you lose the lower modes).

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased an EagleTac D25A Clicky Ti CREE Neutral White XM-L LED Flashlight yesterday and was curious if the Titanium Innovations CRAA CR14505 3V lithium battery

I tried it on the TI 3v Li primary and you end up loosing Low and Med, they become the same brightness as High.
You still have Moonlight but it becomes brighter, maybe around 10lm.
You still have high and turbo as different brightnesses, they don't seem much brighter than with an eneloop though.

I'll be sticking with the eneloops.

Last edited:

wwilson

Newly Enlightened
I tried it on the TI 3v Li primary and you end up loosing Low and Med, they become the same brightness as High.
You still have Moonlight but it becomes brighter, maybe around 10lm.
You still have high and turbo as different brightnesses, they don't seem much brighter than with an eneloop though.

I'll be sticking with the eneloops.

Good to know...Thanks!

Latest posts