Surefire ?

fishndad

Enlightened
Does surefire only make incans in the G2 Nitrolon and 6P.
If thats the case could i get the less expensive G2 then upgrade the bulb when the original burns up.
Last can i use RCRs in the incan Surefires.
Thanks

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can swap incan lamp assemblies/led modules in any of the 'old-style empty bezel' 6P/9P/G2/G3/C2/C3/Z2/G2ZL (this list is not all-inclusive), as long as the voltage is appropriate for the light engine. Since the P60 lamp is actually being pushed hard at about 5.5 volts on non-rechargeable primary CR123a cells (because of 'voltage sag'), putting in 2x3.7volt RCR123a cells for a total of 7.4 volts would definitely fry a P60 or P61. However, you could put in a P90 (3-cell incan lamp assembly) in a 2-cell light of the type that you have mentioned, since it is intended for what turns out to be about 8.25 volts on primary cells, but the runtime is going to be fairly short. A better choice would be to run the P60 or P61 off of a quality AW 17670 cell, charged on a quality charger, such as the Pila IBC. Lumens factory also makes aftermarket lamp assemblies for almost any rechargeable lithium-ion combination you could come up with, sometimes giving better performance than the stock Surefire offerings.

fishndad

Enlightened
yea thats exactly what i needed to hear.I just got a solarforce host,and im not as empressed as so many others seem to be.

Thats why i want to get the surefire body,ive held a surefire only twice and the feel has left an empression you could say.
I might need to post in the WTB forums to see if anyone has a host they will part with.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G2 is one of my favorite lights. You can buy 7.4v Chinese incandescent dropins or run a P90 on 2 RCRs. If you had a P60 you could run that on a single 17650. Not as bright, but it does work. I'm told the bulb may darken with age, but I've not had that happen to mine. I creep around the house with a G2 incandescent. You should go rechargeable because primaries are too expensive except for special tactical reasons.

fishndad

Enlightened
yea ive been carefull not to purchase a light that wont use RCRs.Thats what prompted me to ask.
I want at least 1 surefire

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a G3 or 9P and run a P90. You'll have the option of running 3 primaries or 2 17500's.

Brigadier

Enlightened
A G2 with a P90 on IMR16340's or a G3 with a P90 and 2X17500 is a beautiful thing.