Crelant 7G5 V2 Still...

Tiresius

Enlightened
the best bang for your buck in terms of throw to price ratio? Budget is $100 USD.

I'm actually in the market to look for a hunting light which is geared towards throw...But no pencil beam lights. Aspherics are a no no.

I own the light and see the flaw in it--the strobe and super bright, low-mode. I'm thinking of something like this light but with a lower mode that'll give me about 4hr on 1x18650. The light is for my brother...He already has a walking light. I would rather try and save him some money if I can find a cheaper light that'll perform close to my Crelant 7G5.

Does the Crelant 7G5 still wins? It looks like it since I haven't seen a light within that price range that won't crap out on him in a camping expedition.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
the best bang for your buck in terms of throw to price ratio? Budget is $100 USD.

I'm actually in the market to look for a hunting light which is geared towards throw...But no pencil beam lights. Aspherics are a no no.

I own the light and see the flaw in it--the strobe and super bright, low-mode. I'm thinking of something like this light but with a lower mode that'll give me about 4hr on 1x18650.

Man U R not from this planet. Where do you think to find such runtime flashlight? U can but that will be running on low mode and you can not go to hunting with that.

I am a big game hunter and you say no no to aspheric I say big YES YES to aspheric because it covers regular scope (2-12×56) field of view perfectly, and plenty of other factors like
- it does not spooks game that much as reflector that has all beam characteristics(hotspot, flood, spill) because it has hotspot only.
- you are more stealthy with aspheric than with reflector
- you can use interchangeable colour led modules (green, red, yellow) at some models.
- they are more portable and gun mountable than big reflectors

Consider the most important thing for hunting flashlight and that is gun mounting ability.

Big flashlights are very hard to fit to gun and Crenlant 7G5 V2 is in Big flashlight category.

I wish you very best luck finding reflector hunting flashlight that will run 4 hours on 1×18650 battery :)

Bye