LED in Tokyo

5Sport

Enlightened
Going to travel to Tokyo soon. Anything good to buy over there in their electronics district?

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been akihabara for a year but I remember a store having a bunch of Fenix's. Also remember it being quite pricey so I didn't buy anything.

dandruff

Enlightened
I just got back from a trip there 2 weeks ago. I do not recall seeing flashlights in Akihabara. You are better off checking out Ueno market which had a few tiny shops or Tokyu Hands at Shibuya. But as f22 said, Tokyo is expensive.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flashlights in Akihabara are usually cheap imports and its rare to find anything that will not be bettered on cpf, but there is one shop that carries SF though the brand name products are expensive.

There is a great shop in ueno market called malugo, its small but easily has 100-200 products and the price is reasonable for Japan.

Tokyu Hands has a modest flashlight section but they are usually extremely overpriced, expect 2x ~ 4x US prices.

Some of the large electric retailers like BICCAMERA, Kojima, Yamada, can sometimes have unique items as can some of the DIY HomeCenter type shops so if you pass by them, you might want to take a look inside.

Best of luck!
tgwnn

5Sport

Enlightened
The flashlights in Akihabara are usually cheap imports and its rare to find anything that will not be bettered on cpf, but there is one shop that carries SF though the brand name products are expensive.

There is a great shop in ueno market called malugo, its small but easily has 100-200 products and the price is reasonable for Japan.

Tokyu Hands has a modest flashlight section but they are usually extremely overpriced, expect 2x ~ 4x US prices.

Some of the large electric retailers like BICCAMERA, Kojima, Yamada, can sometimes have unique items as can some of the DIY HomeCenter type shops so if you pass by them, you might want to take a look inside.

Best of luck!
tgwnn

Thanks. Didnt find anything in tokyo. In kyoto and my quest continues. On a side note some of the people working on the rides at disney sea had fenix lights.