more digital cameras

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since there seem to be a lot of CPFers who know about digital cameras, what do you all think of the Sony DSC-P92? Retail is nearly $400, but I've got a friend who can get me a good discount--total price to me for a new one is around $269.

Worth it or go for something else in the <$300 range?

Thanks,
Jason

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever you do, MAKE SURE THAT IT IS A "MADE FOR USA" camera. I remember hearing that lots of "gray market" electronics are comming into this country via internet etc. but they are products that are designed to function in other countries, with OTHER electrical and/or software standards. The product is no bargain if many of the features will not work!

TOB9595

Enlightened
If it's not greymarket I would snap it up
all pun intended
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Tom

K A

Enlightened
When I was looking for a digital camera I had the same worry of 'Grey market' cameras. The lowest price is not always the best deal! An item may be listed in stock, but when you dont buy their pricey accessories you may find its suddenly out of stock.

Another item that Stainless did not mention is that the Manufacter may not honor the warrenty since if it is not a 'Made for USA' model (if its grey market).

I have always used Reseller Ratings and looked up the history on companies. There is also Bizrate to look at.