Anyone try the Bronte Tu10 Ti?

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I'm strongly considering this as a candidate to collect as a Ti light in 18650 format.

Anyone have any experience with this light and comments thereof? Josh, I'm looking at you :)

http://www.brontelight.com/Products-show.asp?id=101

20120622144056.jpg

Last edited:

TweakMDS

Enlightened
i detest the idea of investing expensive money in products whose companies cease to exist after 2 years. imo this brand wont be around any longer after 2013/14 because i dont believe that it is a strong brand. from what i can tell i find their products rather irrelevant and meh. the strong will survive, maglite, surefire, fenix, xeno, and a few others, but the small and weak will perish. if you knew that the brand would be gone from the market in 2014, would you still want to invest 100 bucks in their 2012 products? it's just me though.

or maybe i should drink less beer on Friday nights.. ;)

Would that really matter much? Apart from a replacement spring or clicky, you wouldn't really need them after buying and the warranty has expired... It's not like you need yearly add-ons or service from them.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I would but only for the fact it's a Ti 18650. I would not touch their standard lights because they do appear "meh".

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
If this light was made out of aluminum, you would probably confuse it with an Ultrafire clone, laugh about it, and then move on.

Yep. It's purely for the Ti in 18650 format. This seems like one of the better looking ones.

fishndad

Enlightened
Yep. It's purely for the Ti in 18650 format. This seems like one of the better looking ones.

Sounds like you dont care about the overall internal quality and are willing to replace possible week links in the operation of the light.Then as a TI host goes it looks OK to me.Good luck and enjoy your light.
Personally i would rather pay 150 bucks on a well built alluminum light.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened

Sounds like you dont care about the overall internal quality and are willing to replace possible week links in the operation of the light.Then as a TI host goes it looks OK to me.Good luck and enjoy your light.
Personally i would rather pay 150 bucks on a well built alluminum light.

Yep purely for the Ti host. I'd do whatever it takes to bring it up to sniff if it does go south. Unless you can recommend an alternative by a more trusted brand? My other thread soliciting ideas came up pretty dry.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it looks really good. I know much of Bronte's previous line-up have been basically copies of others designs at an only slightly cheaper price, but this one is actually something innovative on their part. You have to give them some credit for that.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have done some research on the various manufacturers and Bronte is actually one of the larger factories. Many of the brand names we see are actually manufactured by other factories and exported under brand names marketed by Trading Companies. I have found several of the acual manufacturers through Chinese government export association sources and it is clearly apparent who makes what lights. Not all of them will sell direct or the quantities are so high as to make economically impractical for a small importer. Some of these factories will manufacture to spec and brand the item with any name you want depending on quantities.

fishndad

Enlightened
Yea alot of companies stamp out a product and then ship that to anotherone that puts there spin or name on it.
this in true in manufacturing of all sorts from paper to steele.

Tete

Newly Enlightened
Got one today! Been wanting to get my first titanium-light for a while and this one seemed like a good candidate. Since being my first, even the first I have ever been holding in my hand, I'm happy. I like the titanium-feel...:eek:oo:
First I was a bit skeptic for the titanium tailbutton, after been reading about the problems with V10R Ti+, but it seems to be quite ok, at least it doesn't grind all that much.. and at least it's forward-clicky!
Having four modes is good enough, although I could manage without the strobe.
I tried it with the 16340s and with 18650, which I have inside it now, and didn't see much difference in the brightness.
The light has a memory function, so it should return to the previously used mode after 3-5 seconds pause between the button presses, but in my light this seems to take a longer time, much longer... actually couple minutes longer...:(
The threads are square-cut, but still seem to be a bit difficult to get going sometimes, I don't know if this is normal with the material or what, but in my aluminium-lights they seem to "glide" better.
But considering the price, I'm happy with the Bronte being my introduction to titanium-lights and the problem with the mode-memory isn't really that bad, since I won't be using this light all that much, it will mainly stay on the shelf for show...:ironic:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much did you pay (shipped)? And do you have photos to share?
;)