REVIEW: iTP A3 EOS vs. Olight i3

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
iTP A3 EOS vs. Olight i3 - Submitted for consideration for the review forum

The Olight i3 is in possession of my niece, so in reality i am reviewing the iTP A3 only. I dont know which LED i got, i lost the manual i think it said so there. So here it goes the A3 EOS is a bright little light, perfect for pocket carry or anywhere else where size and weight matter, but you still want a lot of light. The EOS comes in two different versions, standard with one brightness, and upgrade with three brightnesses. The A3 promises to be the best AAA powered LED flashlight on the market and is an incredible value! Uses 1 x AAA, 1 x Rechargeable NiMh AAA, or 1 x 10440 (due to the small body size, 10440 batteries are not recommended since they may cause the light to become hot very quickly). I like the different anodizations Red, Purple, Blue or Gold. Black is no longer available, seems like. At least not on the LightJunction website.

The light has 3 output levels, Low, Medium and High. On High the runtime is the shortest. In fact the mode sequence is Lo-Med-Hi, very convenient if you like this mode sequence, and it preserves your night vision by starting on low.

The Orange peel reflector is for flawless beam and it really works. The LED can live up to 50,000 hrs. I didnt include photos of the light because you can find 100's of them just google image the term < itp a3 >.

Conclusion:

The iTP A3 and Olight i3 are really good 1xAAA lights, small, light-weight and comfortable for keychain carry. Other lights in this class are good too!

FEEDBACK WELCOME. I tried hard to keep it short and sweet, and, simple and stupid. Because brevity is the soul of wit!! It's my reviewing motto, style and philosophy. So if you liked my review, let me know. If you think that my review sucked, let me know (I mean what did you expect? Anything missing? And what else missing? Well there are no rules for writing a review, so my review should be quite good as is imo. If you want me to add anything, any uncovered review details, tell me i am all ears). If nobody objects in this review thread, then i will grade it myself an A- review, thanks for your reading time!!

Last edited:

dajabec

Newly Enlightened
Wow writing a review just to prove a point? Fail. You probably went into this thinking it would be easy only to find that even basic reviews are a lot of work.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
even basic reviews are a lot of work
much of my review is based on LJ description of the product and there was only little that i could add to the already great info there. a matter of a few minutes and there you have it, a nice review by user me!! Am glad that you liked it! :)

Here are some other reviews of the same product, you might find them even more elaborate and ambitious than mine:
REVIEW: The Olight i3 Flashlight
Review ITP A3 EOS Titanium

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
And you criticized someone else's review??
you spontaneously think that my REVIEW is criticizable, provokes criticism? is it obvious that it s*cks so hard? were you maybe even disappointed, and why were you disappointed? Would you have had the same negative thoughts about the quality of the post if i had humbly titled it "A Quick Glance on my new ITP A3 EOS"? -- Probably not. Probably then you would have thought 'Ah, whatever.', clicked on the thread title nonetheless, quickly skimmed thru the short post and moved on.

'Is that all shelm's got?' -- No, i could have done much better if i really wanted to and tried much harder. But since there are, according to some boardie's opinion, no rules for writing a so-called REVIEW and i didnt get any FREE review copy of the flashlight, then who cares (and obviously i dont) if i start a thread, title it REVIEW, get hundreds of readers (because of the "review" labeling AND because of the treated product model itself), and fiddle about some meaningless quick short treatise. my father taught me to strive for my best. however it's in my nature to take half-measures about projects, in high school i was mediocre too, had no ambitions. Never got A's, and didnt care much actually because i already knew that later in life i would become (..classified..). So this review reflects my typical performance. You cant expect me any better. i am a layman after all.
Where's the review? I only see an extended product description. :poke:
Exactly.
This leads us to the question what features makes a 'Sharing my thoughts'-post (see OP) "a review" and from which point on is such a "review" to be called a review. That question is offtopic and out of discussion. Just this:

When a so-titled "REVIEW" s*cks so bad, then it doesnt matter whether it would get a D+, E, or F graded by me or a high school teacher, because such "effort-less" papers belong to the same category: FAIL. And on CPF this means that such reviews dont get accepted for publication in the review forum section. Submitting such papers would feel like an insult or slapping or spitting in one's face. If one felt this way about mine, i felt the same about the OP's. Point made, the OP has noted it, and we can move on.

Last edited:

Bwolcott

Enlightened
I understand what you are getting at, I just think if his review wasnt up to par for people they would just skip it