To MD 60 or not To MD 60 HELP >>>LOL

Jvalera

Newly Enlightened
KT-4 head + Leef 3x 18650 c host + seraph c2m adaptor+z58 switch + 3x AW 31000mh + Malkoff Md60 will it boom ? Then again my m4 body with a Serapk p7 head got blown away by a 33$ Thrunite T-30 ...kinda frustrating but fun... I really do my best to buy American but sometimes its got to be compromise. SF reflector design vs. the TN m31?

Last edited:

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
Ok bit of a bump here, but I have been researching a similar question, and this didn't get any replies....

MD60 vs Seraph (and Seraph P7 vs XM-L?) is what I've been trying to figure out for my SF Turbohead upgrade.

Some pros/cons as far as I can tell:
MD60 Pros: Drop-in, longer runtimes, keeps the SF bezel (possibly better construction than any replacement bezel), XM-L led
MD60 Cons: Is the led ideally focused in the stock reflector? Single mode, heat dissipation concerns(?)
Seraph Pros: Replacement bezel (ideal focus), 3-mode available, higher lumen count from same XM-L led
Seraph Cons: Replacement bezel (<SF build quality?), shorter runtimes, lack of shock isolation?
Then there's the Seraph P7 which is on sale for $75 now! Is it worth spending the $15 more for the XM-L version?

I have no idea about mod-ability or battery compatibility for any of the above.

What do you guys think is the best option?

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I swapped the P7 out in my Seraph head for a XML.
The head/pill does allow some adjustment for focus

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would go with the MD60 since it is a drop in unit. I don't see heat being an issue because Gene drives his stuff pretty conservatively from what I've seen of his products. It would also be the way to go if your ultimate goal is reliability and durability.

If you simply want an LED option to play with, and like the idea of multiple modes, then I think the Seraph is the way to go. Just understand the build quality may not be on the same level as the Malkoff.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've made some inquiries in the other MD-60 thread and have already decided that I'd rather keep the stock SF Turbo Head and not spend ~$200 for a rechargeable replacement for the existing battery carrier. More than one level would be nice and I like my small lights to have that feature, but the M6 is sized for and will be used for it's output, so I can live with one level in this one case.

If I knew how close the MD60 comes to the incan MN21, it would make my decision much easier. For now I'll rely on feedback from those who already know how they compare.

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
My usage would be on a M97 series weaponlight, mounted to an M4. Having 3 modes would be useful for sure, house-clearing vs. outdoor, but I am definitely skeptical of the Seraph's ability to be abused on a rifle.