Brinkmann Legend LX

W

William

Just got one of these -- very impressed! A great flashlight for the money!

One question -- Do you have to keep pressure on the tail-cap switch to keep it lit? Does the switch have a lock-ON position? Thanks.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head is huge but it gives a much broader, whiter light then say an E2. I thought the light was ugly compared to my E2 and relegated it to the car glove compartment but then when I actually had to use it, attempting to read street signs on a dark rainy night, I realized what a gem in disguise this light is.

To add a question of my own. Are the LX bulbs readily available yet other then ordering thru Brinkmann?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy..WalMart (where I bought my LX's) didn't carry the bulbs. I called Brinkmann and had the bulbs in 2 days. I was impressed but they charged me nearly $10 for 4 bulbs (no shipping charge).

Marty

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Marty Weiner:
geepondy..WalMart (where I bought my LX's) didn't carry the bulbs. I called Brinkmann and had the bulbs in 2 days. I was impressed but they charged me nearly $10 for 4 bulbs (no shipping charge).

Marty
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Marty,

That's really cheap. Surge bulb is $5.50 each plus shipping.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
4 bulbs for $10....WOW....That's cheap! 4 Nexstar bulbs will cost that much. TX

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do but neither one comes with a reflector.
Unlike the other SureFires, the E-series reflectors stay in the bezel and all you replace is the "bulb".

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the same topic, I was going to pull out a LX to look in one of my closets for something that fell on the floor BUT I got my TL FBOP out instead and was literally blown away by the beam of light.

I've got to be the luckiest guy in world
smile.gif

Marty

Saaby

Flashaholic
The Legend LX bulb is a Bi-Pin bulb, true, but it is *MUCH* larger than the grain of rice bulb in a Minimag...brighter too
wink.gif

W

William

Originally posted by Marty Weiner:
William..Your not pressing hard enough. When you hear a click, it will stay on. Click again and it's off.

Marty
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks, Marty. I`ll try it again. (I left the light with a friend.)

How long do batteries last in this model? I`m thinking of buying another one.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brinkmann claims the batteries last an hour. Given the brightness of the light, I would say an hour at best, probably slightly less. Bottom line, buy your CR123 batteries online.