CRELANT 7G5V2

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
I want to buy for me my first thrower flashlight,and the Crelant 7G5 V2 look very nice,
but I have some questions:
1.Why did crelant write on the box of the flashlight that it has only 500 lumens? isn't it 850 lumens?
2.Has the crelant 7G5V2 really 850 ANSI FL1 Lumens? or is it Manufacturer rated?
3.what is the real tactical runtime of this flashlight?
4.how is it compared to Sunwayman T40CS? (throw,runtimes,build quality,UI etc.)
5.Has the flashlight really good build quality? or has it chineese XXXfire quality? can I trust the flashlight to work in any situation?
6.Can I trust Crelant?,are they well known company? or are they a budget lights chineese company? how it compared to Sunwayman and Fenix?
7.Why doesn't the flashlight listed on Ebay? GoingGear? Amazon? why aren't there almost any video reviews of this flashlight on Youtube?
thanks advance...

Last edited:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. It says 860 lumens, 500m.
2. 'selfbuilt's' result is 760 ANSI lumens.
3. About 1:10h with 2200mAh batteries.
4. Throw: the same/better (there are slight variations), runtime is the same, T40CS has better built quality.
5. It's pretty good, definitely not xxxfire quality, but there are better lights.
6. They were previously known as Tiablo, they are definitely not a cheap budget company.
7. Because they have limited number of dealers.

About 7G5 v2, check selfbuilt's review:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...8650)-Thrower-Review-RUNTIMES-VIDEO-BEAMSHOTS

MT7

Newly Enlightened
1. It says 860 lumens, 500m.
2. 'selfbuilt's' result is 760 ANSI lumens.
3. About 1:10h with 2200mAh batteries.
4. Throw: the same/better (there are slight variations), runtime is the same, T40CS has better built quality.
5. It's pretty good, definitely not xxxfire quality, but there are better lights.
6. They were previously known as Tiablo, they are definitely not a cheap budget company.
7. Because they have limited number of dealers.

About 7G5 v2, check selfbuilt's review:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?335713-Crelant-7G5-V2-%28XM-L-U2-1x-2x18650%29-Thrower-Review-RUNTIMES-VIDEO-BEAMSHOTS

Ok,thanks.
are the Crelant is a quality flashlight?
can I trust him to continue working in any situation?
I am not professional flashaholic,and I am a child,135$ is a lot of money for me,and I am not going to buy a flashlight in the next several years,so will the flashlight work for years? (if I will protect him from falls,weather,water,and I will use good quality batteries)
am I need to Compromise and buy the T40CS (which has less throw) in Order to avoid mishaps?
am I need to Compromise on the performance in order to get a better build-quality flashlight?
thanks advance.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone,
I want to buy for me my first thrower flashlight,and the Crelant 7G5 V2 look very nice,
but I have some questions:
1.Why did crelant write on the box of the flashlight that it has only 500 lumens? isn't it 850 lumens?
2.Has the crelant 7G5V2 really 850 ANSI FL1 Lumens? or is it Manufacturer rated?
3.what is the real tactical runtime of this flashlight?
4.how is it compared to Sunwayman T40CS? (throw,runtimes,build quality,UI etc.)
5.Has the flashlight really good build quality? or has it chineese XXXfire quality? can I trust the flashlight to work in any situation?
6.Can I trust Crelant?,are they well known company? or are they a budget lights chineese company? how it compared to Sunwayman and Fenix?
7.Why doesn't the flashlight listed on Ebay? GoingGear? Amazon? why aren't there almost any video reviews of this flashlight on Youtube?
thanks advance...

Sorry, just logged in today, here are your answers:

1. It's about 700+ to 800+ lumens depending on the battery configuration you have it on. For Max Output, use two 18650's or two IMR 18350's.
2. You can check out Selfbuilt's reviews from his website to the review here in the forum posts.
3. I've never used this light straight until it ran out of juice, but i know runtime depends on the capacity of battery you use. Hence the higher, the longer the runtime.
4. I hear that the throw is nearly identical to the T40CS. What would actually beat both in the same two 18650 format is the Olight M3X, which even at 750 lumens has higher LUX ratings than the 7G5V2 and T40CS. There are better throwers, but these are the 3x18650 like the TN31 and the 7G9.
5. It's actually a good light, good anodizing, ive been using mine regularly for more than half a year now.
6. Crelant made the legendary Tiablo's. If you've been a flashaholic long enough, you'd know these lights. Their quality is good. Never had any problems with any of their lights and should you encounter problems, their distributors Madecov (USA) and Hank (INT'L OUTDOOR) will be there to support you. Crelant is not like Fenix or Sunwayman or Jetbeam is that they do not have a plethora of lights to choose from, but the ones they do make, are good!
7. Crelant lights are only for those who are really flashaholics and want the best bang for the buck light that wont cost an arm and a leg. I got mine coz I was looking for a good enough thrower that was not too expensive but had good quality, and Crelant answered.

You can find Crelant in Ebay, Madecov's got a shop there and is actively selling. Marshall's (GoingGear) not going to carry this light (he said). There aren't many lights that can be found in Amazon. Self-built does have reviews on his site and in Youtube, just search Crelant.

If youre in the US you can order from Madecov. He's a regular here.

You can also order from Hank at International Outdoor Equipment.

Selfbuilt's review made me pull the trigger on the 7G5, unfortunately, it was the V2 available when I finally ordered it. The V1 is actually a better thrower than the new V2. But you'd be hard-pressed to find a new one being sold online because Crelant themselves have said they stopped manufacturing that in favor of the new V2.

Also, should you go and pull the trigger, do yourself a favor and include the Collimator head. This extends the throw of the 7G5V2 from 48k lux to 98k lux. So you have a light which can easily throw about 700 meters in ideal situations.

Alot of us 7G5V2 owners are excited (or already have) to receive our Collimator heads. It's a "MUST HAVE" to make your light a better thrower.

Oh yeah, this light is available in both neutral white and cool white versions. (I recommend getting the cool white for better throw) (I own both types)

Let me know if you still have any questions.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok,thanks.
are the Crelant is a quality flashlight?
can I trust him to continue working in any situation?
I am not professional flashaholic,and I am a child,135$ is a lot of money for me,and I am not going to buy a flashlight in the next several years,so will the flashlight work for years? (if I will protect him from falls,weather,water,and I will use good quality batteries)
am I need to Compromise and buy the T40CS (which has less throw) in Order to avoid mishaps?
am I need to Compromise on the performance in order to get a better build-quality flashlight?
thanks advance.

If you are concerned about quality and warranty, try and check out FourSeven's offerings. They have a solid 10-year warranty on all their lights. Check out also Surefire and Maglite.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
@roadkill
4sevens doesn't have a thrower, Surefires are very very expensive, Maglites are huge and old fashioned.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
@roadkill
4sevens doesn't have a thrower, Surefires are very very expensive, Maglites are huge and old fashioned.

X7 and G5 come to mind. Of course, not the best compared to what's out there. But since warranty came into question, these have 10 year warranties.

Surefires are durable and Maglites are legendary. I have a maglite that's almost 30 years old now, still working.

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, just logged in today, here are your answers:

1. It's about 700+ to 800+ lumens depending on the battery configuration you have it on. For Max Output, use two 18650's or two IMR 18350's.
2. You can check out Selfbuilt's reviews from his website to the review here in the forum posts.
3. I've never used this light straight until it ran out of juice, but i know runtime depends on the capacity of battery you use. Hence the higher, the longer the runtime.
4. I hear that the throw is nearly identical to the T40CS. What would actually beat both in the same two 18650 format is the Olight M3X, which even at 750 lumens has higher LUX ratings than the 7G5V2 and T40CS. There are better throwers, but these are the 3x18650 like the TN31 and the 7G9.
5. It's actually a good light, good anodizing, ive been using mine regularly for more than half a year now.
6. Crelant made the legendary Tiablo's. If you've been a flashaholic long enough, you'd know these lights. Their quality is good. Never had any problems with any of their lights and should you encounter problems, their distributors Madecov (USA) and Hank (INT'L OUTDOOR) will be there to support you. Crelant is not like Fenix or Sunwayman or Jetbeam is that they do not have a plethora of lights to choose from, but the ones they do make, are good!
7. Crelant lights are only for those who are really flashaholics and want the best bang for the buck light that wont cost an arm and a leg. I got mine coz I was looking for a good enough thrower that was not too expensive but had good quality, and Crelant answered.

You can find Crelant in Ebay, Madecov's got a shop there and is actively selling. Marshall's (GoingGear) not going to carry this light (he said). There aren't many lights that can be found in Amazon. Self-built does have reviews on his site and in Youtube, just search Crelant.

If youre in the US you can order from Madecov. He's a regular here.

You can also order from Hank at International Outdoor Equipment.

Selfbuilt's review made me pull the trigger on the 7G5, unfortunately, it was the V2 available when I finally ordered it. The V1 is actually a better thrower than the new V2. But you'd be hard-pressed to find a new one being sold online because Crelant themselves have said they stopped manufacturing that in favor of the new V2.

Also, should you go and pull the trigger, do yourself a favor and include the Collimator head. This extends the throw of the 7G5V2 from 48k lux to 98k lux. So you have a light which can easily throw about 700 meters in ideal situations.

Alot of us 7G5V2 owners are excited (or already have) to receive our Collimator heads. It's a "MUST HAVE" to make your light a better thrower.

Oh yeah, this light is available in both neutral white and cool white versions. (I recommend getting the cool white for better throw) (I own both types)

Let me know if you still have any questions.

Thanks about all your help.
If it's going to be my second professional flashlight (now my only professional led flashlight is the Led Lenser MT7),And I'm a child with no many money,so I will not be able to buy a additional good flashlight in the next year, Are you recommend me to buy the Crelant 7G5 V2? or am I need to buy the Sunwayman T40CS?
I do not have much technical knowledge,and I live outside the US,so there are no any option of Repair Service or Implementation of the product warranty,so I need a flashlight which I can trust to continue working in any situation without any issues.
I can Compromising on the flashlight performance,In order to buy a flashlight which has a better build quality,and a flashlight which I can trust.
so are you recommend me to buy the T40CS or the 7G5 V2?
If I will buy the Crelant 7G5 V2,can I trust him to continue working without any issues for several years? Or am I need to Compromising on the flashlight perfor,and buy the T40CS (which has less throw) in order to get a flashlight which I can trust more?
thanks advance...

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are both fairly new so can be equally trusted.
X7 and G5 come to mind. Of course, not the best compared to what's out there.
They are both average throwers, especially X7. OP already has LL MT7 which outthrows X7 and match G5.

Last edited:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are both fairly new so can be equally trusted.

They are both average throwers, especially X7. OP already has LL MT7 which outthrows X7 and match G5.

oh come on, aspherics beat reflectors anyday, every flashaholic knows that. But only noobs buy LL's. :)