Prometheus Lights - The Showcase Gallery

Raze

Enlightened
Hi All,

I thought that we could share here about your fine lighting instruments and creations by Jason "Dark Sucks" Hui of Prometheus Lights.

Allow me to get the ball rolling with my #109 Alpha MC18-B.

db5c683b-5045-0e4e.jpg

db5c683b-49c4-2eef.jpg

db5c683b-4a65-6542.jpg

db5c683b-496d-d969.jpg

db5c683b-4998-d309.jpg

db5c683b-4a85-0fe9.jpg

db5c683b-4a96-a816.jpg

db5c683b-4aa6-4195.jpg

db5c683b-4aca-e0c1.jpg

db5c683b-4aee-31e0.jpg

db5c683b-4b19-297a.jpg

db5c683b-4b89-ad05.jpg

db5c683b-4ba3-9839.jpg

db5c683b-4bca-981c.jpg

I duly apologize if my pics do not meet your expectation as all pics were taken with my iPhone 4 camera. Maybe I'll take cool pics like the Alpha in the snow, sands, etc. someday.

A brief summarization on why I got the light:

I was in the market for a high-end light with the following criteria:

• runs on Li-Ion cells
• solid, top-notch build quality
• looks like a well-sculpted piece of art
• balance of form vs. function
• value for money, I have limited budget of $300
• excellent customer & after-sales service
• multi-mode, at least 500 lumens

Naturally, I am happy that the Alpha meets and exceeds my requirements. Jason is a blast to deal with too.

Hope you are as happy with your Prometheus Lights' products as I do.

Last edited:

sassaquin

Enlightened
Great photos, they highlight your Alpha very nicely. I especially love the Shorty and wish I had bought one when I had the chance. Hopefully Jason will make another run of them.

I have two of Jason's zipper pulls and the craftmanship is top-notch, I can only imagine the quality of his lights.

Good luck with your light and thanks for sharing the photos. Hopefully more Alpha owners will join in.

Ore

Newly Enlightened
#110 here

Today I anodized my Clip blue. The flame coloring was nice, but I wanted it with more blue.

i8D34.jpg

v5eOm.jpg

16cnL.jpg

If there is enough interest, then I have interest. Is there interest ? :)
Is this the same for Shorty Bodies? And how many do we need to get another batch? :wave:

Raze

Enlightened
#110 here

Today I anodized my Clip blue. The flame coloring was nice, but I wanted it with more blue.

i8D34.jpg

v5eOm.jpg

16cnL.jpg

Is this the same for Shorty Bodies? And how many do we need to get another batch? :wave:

I love what you did that clip! It looks really cool and matches the light perfectly.

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
Here is my Alpha. Not been used to much yet...but I love it, I mean, what a beam!

Sat with some of its new friends...

DSC_0155.jpg

Such a nice fit in the hand...

DSC_0180.jpg
\

The business end, and 'makers' stamp...

DSC_0185.jpg
\

Its companions...

DSC_0192.jpg

The fantastic clip...

DSC_0196.jpg

Just a great piece of engineering that is built for purpose! I really love my new Alpha...it just ticks all the boxes. :twothumbs

DSC_0198.jpg

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll play...:devil: borrowing these from a post I did in the LED section... here without the commentary

Jason%2520label.jpg

Table%2520shot.jpg

angle%2520body%2520shot.jpg

IMG_7124.JPG

IMG_7125.JPG

reflector.jpg

clip.jpg

tail%2520cap.jpg

light%2520engine%2520and%2520threads.jpg

light%2520engine%2520driver.jpg

serial%2520number.jpg

IMG_7186.JPG

Thanks for building such an outstanding new tool, Jason! :twothumbs

scout24

Flashaholic
Yup! The whole enchilada... Spare switch will fit a bunch of my lights, an extra 18650 is always good, the USB charger will probably live in my truck, spare lens just in case, and the tools would probably cost me more to source individually, even just from a time standpoint. Plus, it supports a maker I expect to see a bunch of cool stuff from in the future! :)

scout24

Flashaholic
Well, the postal service must have known I wanted it for the weekend... Ready-Made, #0183 arrived here today. One heckuva solid chunk of light! Quick first impressions: Very nicely packaged, cool bag for the "extras" that would fit, nice instruction card. The machining is superb. I'd be hard pressed to find fault with the threads, despite the Blue lights being tighter tolerance... SMOOOTH... :) McClicky is as good as ever, solder on the contact springs in the head and tail is a great touch. Clip is nice and strong. Looking forward to dark, but the beam indoors is fantastic! Nicely spaced levels with a serious High... with awesome tint. Nicely done, Jason! :)

Last edited:

CrazyIvan2011

Enlightened
I love the tint on mine...I mean I have a few neutral lights, and a Nicha 219 drop in...but the tint and beam on this is much better! The flood is just amazing, with a perfect transition from spot to spill. Well it does'nt seem like it has a spot, just a wall of creamy light!

run4jc - could I ask what camera / settings you used for your pics...they are amazing. :twothumbs
I struggled to get any half decent ones of mine. I was trying in a room that was not greatly lit, but the cam did not like it (its just my poor knowledge)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the tint on mine...I mean I have a few neutral lights, and a Nicha 219 drop in...but the tint and beam on this is much better! The flood is just amazing, with a perfect transition from spot to spill. Well it does'nt seem like it has a spot, just a wall of creamy light!

run4jc - could I ask what camera / settings you used for your pics...they are amazing. :twothumbs
I struggled to get any half decent ones of mine. I was trying in a room that was not greatly lit, but the cam did not like it (its just my poor knowledge)

CrazyIvan2011 - I agree with your comments on tint - it betters everything I've seen, and the beam quality is soooo good.

Thank you for your comment on my photos - so nice of you to say!! For those photos I used a Canon EOS 40D and 2 lenses. For the close up shots I used a Sigma Macro lens, and for the others I used a Sigma 18-50. Most of the photos I processed with a technique known as HDR processing. You may already be familiar with this, but for those who aren't, you basically shoot 3 or 4 (or 5) 'bracketed' exposures of the same image. Under exposed, normal exposure, over exposed, greater depth of field, etc., then the software combines the images. You can then choose from various forms of processing (I use inexpensive software - Photomatix Essentials) that give you a number of ways to combine the image. You can make the photo appear to be a painted image - you can increase the dynamic range / contrast, etc. Do a web search for "HDR Processing" and you can find much better explanations than mine!
I did a series of photos with that processing over HERE that I really like. Again, thank you for your kind words!!