Surefire lanyard ?'s, (trying to find a T1A lanyard)

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
I got my first surefire (e2dl) about a month or so ago. Been reading the forums, researching, etc… As great as it is it didn't take long reading cpf to realize I could make it better.

I got a gitd o-ring for the 'notch' in the bezel. (ive wondered why that notch is there to begin with if anyone wants to chime in).
I got a clip from an lx2 so I could carry it bezel up or down.

Then I realized I wanted a lanyard for it so that began my search. I looked at the lanyards on surefires website but they all look like they are way too long. I read somewhere that its 36" not sure if that's right but the pictures do make them look really long. And they are also gray. After looking into it I figured out that the black lanyards (z33?) have been discontinued.

I bought a spares carrier (sc1) last week mainly for the lanyard because I read that it is shorter (but still gray). I've tried it for a few days but I still wonder why they don't make this in black since most of their lights are black.

Then tonight I was reading and googleing pictures of the t1a titan. Lo and behold I saw a picture of the lanyard that comes with the titan and I thought that would be perfect. Its short, black, has the plastic on the end of the cord instead of just a bare cut, has the nice springy clip, and two black split rings. Perfect! Split ring on the e2dl tailcap, springy clip would attach to that, other split ring would attach the the bottom of the clip, and lanyard would run through the second split ring. Perfect!

Now, where do I find one? I emailed surefire (nothing back yet) and I posted in the WTB thread and I search everywhere I could think of online. Anyone that could point me to one I would greatly appreciate it!

(I realize these are seemingly minute details. Please don't poke fun of my ocd and say, just slap a gray lanyard on there and get some silver split rings and ignore the 3 different colors/finishes. I used to work at a particular computer company that is known for paying attention to the smallest details/ at my desk everything has to be perfect before I can work/ I turn all the ac vents in my truck the same way/etc.. Just part of my brain that wont let me look at a gray lanyard on a black flashlight and be satisfied)

cm_mtb

Enlightened
I was going to offer to send you the lanyard from my SC3 until I saw that you'd already procured one like it. To make your black lanyard, why not use the parts you want from the SC1 lanyard, and then order what you don't have from Lighthound? They sell paracord by the foot, along with a couple sizes of black split rings and several varieties of lanyard closures.

I ordered a bunch of lanyard materials from Lighthound last year and made a few flashlight lanyards, none of which I ever used. I was happy with all the parts, though.