Help with switch

fishndad

Enlightened
Ive got a JetBeam PC10 and the switch isnt functioning properly.

When i loosen the bezel for low mode the light turns off.
ive tightened it and cleaned the threads to no resolve.

Any other suggestions.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch could be bad, but I suspect something forward of the switch. Unscrew the head and clean/lubricate everything up there. Inspect any electronics you can see for cold solders or cracked board or loose wires. If it is still under warranty, send it back.

Last edited:

yliu

Enlightened
Make sure you are only loosening the head and not the tailcap, and try cleaning the threads.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saying that the light turns off when you loosen the head for low mode tells me to check the battery...the tailswitch has nothing to do with mode selection and there is no physical switch in the head to switch modes but rather is done because the ring contact on the board is no longer making contact. Yes I know technically that is the switch...but it is the simplest kind and not prone to failure.

yliu

Enlightened
the tailswitch has nothing to do with mode selection and there is no physical switch in the head to switch modes but rather is done because the ring contact on the board is no longer making contact. Yes I know technically that is the switch...

What I mean is that he could have mixed the head and the tailcap. So when both are tightened the light runs properly on high, but when he loosens the tailcap for lower modes, the light turns off.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I mean is that he could have mixed the head and the tailcap. So when both are tightened the light runs properly on high, but when he loosens the tailcap for lower modes, the light turns off.

While that is certainly a plausible occurrence Yliu, I was in fact responding to Fishndad and not to your post, hence that bit at the end about the switch. I guess I should have quoted him to make it clear.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
I don't have this light and haven't found anything when I did a quick search, but is the body reversible?
Can you change place between head and tailcap?
It looks like the threads for the tailcap are anodized and if you put the head on that end the contact between head and body will be lost when the head is loosened.
Just a thought...