Quark Pro QP2A-X v. EagleTac D25A2

explorerlyon

Newly Enlightened
The Quark Pro (AA) is $78 (yes, I know there are some on closeout, I even bought one). The EagleTac D25A2 (also AA), is $52. What does the Quark have that makes it worth $26 more?

yowzer

Enlightened
I used to own a Quark Standard and do own one of the ET clickies. The Eagletac is far better if only because it hides all der blinkenlite modes. Lots of output levels to cycle through on a reverse clicky is a pain.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to own a Quark Standard and do own one of the ET clickies. The Eagletac is far better if only because it hides all der blinkenlite modes. Lots of output levels to cycle through on a reverse clicky is a pain.
not sure what you're talking about. The Quark Pro and the ET Clicky have about the same UI. No major difference. Both have reverse clickies with mode groups on head loosened and head tightened. Fenix LD20 same same.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
The quark has one more constant mode, better mode spacing and Lego-ability with broader voltage support. Seems kinda pricy though, I thought they were less.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I nabbed a bunch of QAA2Xs at $42ish so I'm happy.

Seems to me that you're comparing discounted dealer prices to the OEM full retail. At the same dealer (Goinggear for example) the difference is $15 ($72 vs $57) when comparing equivalent XML, AA2s.

Still $15 is not insignificant and ET has stepped up the warranty to 4/7s 10 yrs... that's pretty good (although I've been quite happy with 4/7s customer service).

Even still, if I were to buy today, I think I might still go for the 4/7s for the ability to lego 1x or 2x AAs, and run a 14500 on it (will all modes operational). Almost went for a ET, until I heard direct drive on 14500s.