Jetbeam RRT 3 3xXML Battery configuration

RCLumens

Enlightened
Greetings! Does anyone know if the RRT3 triple XML is configured in series or parallel for the batteries? Also, is one better than the other and what does that mean in regards to 18650 battery safety? For instance what if the batteries read 3.04, 3.04 and 3.02? IS this dangerous?

Many thanks!!

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about how they're wired, but I can answer the rest.

Li-ions self-balance in parallel, so IMO, that's the safest way. If you have a weak cell, it'll be propped up by the others and they'll all discharge at a similar voltage.

In series, the weak cell can be driven to a negative voltage and :poof:

Those voltages you listed are low, but still safe. They're close enough not to worry too much, but if the 3.02 cell gets further away from the others after a discharge, I'd look at replacing it.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Thanks mvyrmnd!

I don't know about how they're wired, but I can answer the rest.

Li-ions self-balance in parallel, so IMO, that's the safest way. If you have a weak cell, it'll be propped up by the others and they'll all discharge at a similar voltage.

In series, the weak cell can be driven to a negative voltage and :poof:

Those voltages you listed are low, but still safe. They're close enough not to worry too much, but if the 3.02 cell gets further away from the others after a discharge, I'd look at replacing it.