flashaholic and did not know it

billbebob

Newly Enlightened
I am friends with a man at my local church and he is in charge of running the lighting equipment. He was showing he a new flashlight that he had just purchased, a Pelican light I think. This was in response whenI showed him my Xeno Cube with a neutral tint. Anyway, he has all the passion and enthusiasism of a flashaholic but he had never heard of the term or CPF either! Needless to say I enlightened(pun intended:) him about the website and all the plethora of information that it contains. My question is has anyone else ever encountered a situation like this before? Thanks.

chanjyj

Enlightened
Certainly. I built an aspherical for a local security guy who loved throwers.. and then ended up teaching him about LiMN.
I have to say it's a steep learning curve in the beginning.

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
CPF does not create Flashaholics, it just makes them worse.

Is true.

I have a friend (a coworker) to whom I began speak of the flashlights for bicycles (he is also a cyclist as I). Thus, slowly, we begin speak of flashlights in general and it so happened that he was also an enthusiast of the theme. Now, a year later, we have done orders as a group in line and I have sold him some flashlights that did not use. Also I have taught him about the batteries and its care. He is my Illuminati Brother.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
ive only met 1 person. he was not aware he was a flashaholic yet. i noticed he carries a E2DL at work, and so i showed him mine, and a custom C2. turns out he's a big fan of surefires and actually EDCs a E1L. he told me using his EDC is much better than turning on light switches around the house. :twothumbs
i told him about a few of my favorite online stores, and cpf. im sure he's cursing me now for costing him to spend $ :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Alland44

Newly Enlightened
Denmark is a little country, and I thought I was all alone. One of my buddies first spanked me for this hobby, now he has bought over 500 dollar worth of flashlights, the past two months.
On my workplace, 7 people came out in the open, and about the same amount on my favorite forum (cars).

ffemt6263

Enlightened
^ yea brother your not kidding. Guardpost started me on flashlights and then edc in general. Now i think my disease has reached terminal levels! My entire edc is titanium, i carry at least 2-3 ti flashlights, a hinderer, and a tissot titanium watch. I think my edc is worth more than my motorcycle! I curse and thank him for starting me down this path at the same time. My other half just curses him! Hahaha

Danielight

Enlightened
Yeah, this flashlight thing kinda creeps up on you, doesn't it? And just like Darth Vader said to Luke Skywalker, "It is useless to resist." :candle:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, this flashlight thing kinda creeps up on you, doesn't it?

Nah... I think it's kinda' a latent pursuit, I mean show someone that lights exist beyond the cheap (chain store) and high end (hunting/sports store) and just point them in the right direction, who doesn't want a better tool to get the job done?

And just like Darth Vader said to Luke Skywalker, "It is useless to resist." :candle:

I think the Borg (collective) quote is better suited "resistance is futile..." :crackup: