SUNWAYMAN C10A Runtimes

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
SUNWAYMAN list the C10A with these runtimes: 30 Lumens (35 hrs) - 3 Lumens (100 hrs).

Has anyone seen any reviews that have tested these runtimes? Are Sunwayman usually accurate with their lumen and runtime numbers? 30 Lumens for (35 hrs) on an AA battery is hard to believe.

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a discussion on the M20A, and I saw what I thought to be pretty incredible specs. OP posted a link to Selfbuilt's review of the light and it didn't match up too well to what SWM currently has on its website. The M20 performed pretty close to the Quark AA2 Mini and 4Ssevens spec seemed spot on.... not SWMs.

I now think they're full of it.

Here's the thread, see what you think.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?340389-Wanted-2-x-AA-semi-thrower

TweakMDS

Enlightened
For some reason SWM lists their low mode as 3 or 4 lumens on many of their models, which seems to come up in reviews as .25 lumens or so quite consistently.
This is actually silly of them to do, as the sub-lumen modes (moonlight) seem to be much more popular. More specifically, I tend to be more likely to buy a light if it has 140/35/.25 lumens instead of 140/35/3.

Extrapolating from some of SWM's other products, like the M10A or M11R, I wouldn't hesitate to take these specs with a grain of salt and estimate the lumens levels for this light as 115 - 125 / 25 / 0.25 lumens. Their runtimes are usually a bit more acurate, but keep in mind that they probably test these with very high capacity NiMH cells like the 2700mAh or higher MAHA PowerEx with a very high self discharge rate, or possibly even the 1.5V lithium primaries. Your mileage may and will vary when using eneloops or regular alkaline.

Still, knowing all these, a lot of the SWM models still appeal to me from a technical point of view.
In other words: Don't let their marketing department overshadow their R&D department just because they list inflated specs.