Convert MAG-ROP to XML (5-15 degree TIR)?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I'm wanting to convert my ROPs over to neutral tint XML. They're incan bezel+reflector (obviously). I know most people either pedestal mount the LED or switch the bezel+reflector assembly to the MAG-led version.

Does anyone sell a ~50-52mm TIR XML optic (note TIR, not ASPHERIC) that will fit a MAG-incan bezel? I'm thinking something in the 5-15 degree range will suit me well.

thanks

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ROP uses the standard MagLite PR flange tower, doesn't it? If so its just a simple matter of cutting off the plastic tower and replacing it with a proper heatsink. Then it's just a matter of wiring it all up. Replacing the reflector and lens is optional.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
The ROP uses the standard MagLite PR flange tower, doesn't it? If so its just a simple matter of cutting off the plastic tower and replacing it with a proper heatsink. Then it's just a matter of wiring it all up. Replacing the reflector and lens is optional.

Oh, thats good to know. Do I need to mount the XML on a pedestal type heatsink if I use the incan reflector? I'd rather not do that. I want to mount the LED onto a flat "puck" of copper or Aluminum.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anything is possible, though, if you want to keep the aluminum reflector and not mod it the post is the only real option. Then again, I've got more than a few stock plastic Mag reflectors that I can give you for this build.