Which Single CR123 Flashlight has Biggest Hot Spot?

wuyeah

Enlightened
Hello Guys,
This thread is not about the best single or brightest CR123 Flashlight today. Which Single CR123 Flashlight has Biggest Hot Spot in diameter?
Lights with frost lens does not count. What makes a light's hot spot bigger? Is it the determine by type of LED is use? Reflector design? Flash head width?
Which is the main factor or it is combination of different design elements.

Thanks.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
A light with a XML LED and a small reflector should give the biggest hot spot.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eagletac D25C XMLU2 clicky has a giant hotspot.
It gets 750 lumens with an RCR123.
It also has a nice white tint.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
How about a Veleno single cell drop in hosted in a SF e series head.

Last edited:

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
I saw Sunwayman mentioned and was thinking the same thing...My V10R (XM-L) has a super floody (but still nice and bright) beam

How about a Veleno single cell drop in hosted in a SF e series head.

Are those drop-ins known for being really floody? If so I might look further into the Lumens Factory mod or just pick up some E-series incan bulbs. I was hoping for some fairly good throw (obviously in accordance with it's size).

Sorry for thread drift...

TweakMDS

Enlightened
I really like the beam of my EagleTac D25C clicky titanium (with neutral XM-L T6), even considering getting the AA version as well, but in XP-G S2 probably.
Otherwise the zebralight SC31 always appealed to me, though I'd preferred it if they made the SC80 into a separate 123 and AA version... the cirquit seems quite good.

tolkaze

Enlightened
Quark Mini X is good, I have also had a Quark AA^2 XML tactical on a single CR123 body. really big spot, nice and bright, nice and small

wuyeah

Enlightened
Really? V10R? I hv V10R but I don't think it has big hot spot.....I forget to mention the side spill doesn't count.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
But does your V10R have an XM-L? My V11R does and it's hotspot is fairly large...about 1.5 feet in diameter at barely 6 ft. from the light. You could always buy a translucent plastic report cover from an office supply store and make your own diffuser lens if you need the light to spread out more.

cyclesport

Enlightened
Hello Guys,
This thread is not about the best single or brightest CR123 Flashlight today. Which Single CR123 Flashlight has Biggest Hot Spot in diameter?
Lights with frost lens does not count. What makes a light's hot spot bigger? Is it the determine by type of LED is use? Reflector design? Flash head width?
Which is the main factor or it is combination of different design elements.

Thanks.
I have several of the current more popular 1 X CR123/XM-L lights...

Sunwayman V11R XM-L U2
Niteye Eye 10 XM-L U2
(2) Eagletac D25C XM-L U2's
FourSevens Quark MiniX 123 XM-L T6
*I have a few others but am concentrating on XM-L's only since these currently have larger hotspots than CREE's other older emitters.

...and of these examples, standing approx. 6' from a white wall the hot spot diameter differences are negligible. The spill beam winner however is the Niteye Eye 10 by a small margin. This may be what you're actually asking? It also has a very shallow reflector and is the largest diameter of the four. Hope this helps...

Last edited:

wuyeah

Enlightened
But does your V10R have an XM-L? My V11R does and it's hotspot is fairly large...about 1.5 feet in diameter at barely 6 ft. from the light. You could always buy a translucent plastic report cover from an office supply store and make your own diffuser lens if you need the light to spread out more.
Mine is first Gen of V10R Ti. I guess it is not a XM-L model. That explains why :p

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the lumintop p1c..huge hotspot and quite the nice pocket thrower. 2 useful modes and its tiny! Option for neutral also. I love mine. Comparable to my 6p with a malkoff m61w but a fraction of the size. And cost.

server

Newly Enlightened
Check Thrunite Neutron 1C, on RCR123 that thing is Bright and has nice floody beam.

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
I can vouch for the d25c clicky. I own the titanium version and it has a great huge hotspot.