Website With Some Interesting LED lights..

Kiessling

Flashaholic
no experience.
but the 7 LED light looks strange and appeaing while this protruding lens does worry me.
bernhard

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm thinking at least one of these inexpensive lights could make decent mod bodies..
i'm going to order the 2 lithium 7 LED light sometime this month..
maybe i'll even take a crack at an amateur review.

-Ryan

Darkaway

Enlightened
Blinded,

I've bought a ton of stuff (no lights though) from S.G. over the last several years. Never had a problem. Orders are usually shipped promptly.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
sounds like i have nothing to worry about, when i order from them then..
*sigh of relief*

photon that also caught my eye.. they called it a floodlight in the catalog..
that's one of the reasons i actually came online to check out the site..
i figured a catalog offering such an LED innovation would be worth the time.. since i don't really see many companies sell any LED lights that are "different"..

-Ryan

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I could resist, so I ordered two of those sexy 7 led jobs. Shipping was kinda high $8.99

I've done business with Sportsman's Guide a long time ago. They always have some very appealing items, but when I get to shipping charges most often I cancel the order. Usually I cancel any order where the cost of shipping&handling fees exceed 15% of the items. But hey my birthday is coming up I thought I'd treat myself.

GregR

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also used to buy a lot of stuff from Sportsmans Guide. Products and service were ok, but I did get POUNDED BY CATALOGS - RELENTLESSLY. Sometimes three per month to my shipping address AND three per month to my billing address AND three per month to another address where I once had something shipped. Just so you know.
(I did try to "discuss" the issue with the company, but to no avail.)

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the two lights today.

Machining on these lights is very tight, the light is in three parts, head/ body/tailcap, yet at first appearance it looks like it's one piece, machining is that nice.

They look exactly like the photo in the link. Color is identical to Surefires Satin Grey. There are two o-rings on the body and two on the tailcap or suppose to anyway. The body of one is missing both it's O-rings.

Light output is what you would expect from a light with 7 LEDs. I'll probibly keep one as a novelty and give one away to a friend.

GregR

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ryan-

Yea light output is decent. Typical bluish LED white.

The shape of the light and holding in your hand is an overload of sensual delights and rather exciting.

GregR
(Yes, I do realise I need to get a life.)