Stuff in my Preon 2 head.

damareichigo

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I was wondering if you knew what I should do about having a large piece of unknown material stuck in my Preon 2 High CRI head.

I just bought the flashlight a few days ago and upon shipment, noticed that there was stuff inside the lens that I couldn't remove. One is particularly large while there are two other smaller pieces that I would not care about if not for the large one in the head. It does not noticeably affect the beam at high, but at low there is a visible shadow due to the size of this thing in the head.

I contacted 4sevens but they didn't offer a replacement, just an RMA which is pretty disappointing.

Is that standard for something like this, or do you think it should be replaced? I'm not being too picky, am I? It wasn't cheap.

Pictures attached!

P1120992e.jpg

P1120990e.jpg

Thanks!

fishndad

Enlightened
no your not being too picky.
If they gave you an rma number send it back they may take it apart and clean it out or replace the head.

damareichigo

Newly Enlightened
The problem with the RMA is the only thing they are willing to give is a refund, meaning I would have to purchase a new light after the refund is issued.
Is this how things are normally settled in this case? Thanks!

andrewnewman

Enlightened
The problem with the RMA is the only thing they are willing to give is a refund, meaning I would have to purchase a new light after the refund is issued.
Is this how things are normally settled in this case? Thanks!

This is not how things are normally settled in my experience. Foursevens has always been flexible in the resolution with me. Once I just needed a tailcap switch and they sent it no questions asked (no return required). When the light needs to be examined to assure that a satisfactory resolution will occur they will issue an RMA. Normally the biggest value of the RMA is it provides continuity between what was agreed upon prior to shipment and what action they need to take. By far the most common circumstance is that Foursevens would agree to remedy the documented deficiency and return a defect free light to me. I pay shipping one way, they pay the other. I'm surprised that you were only offered a refund. Perhaps you should call them during the week and ask to speak to Trevor.