Surefire durrability

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
I want to buy for me my first Surefire flashlight,the P2X fury is too expensive for me,so I thought to buy the G2X fire rescue.
but,I am not sure about the durability and the water resistant of the flashlight?
why is the flashlight only weatherproof and not waterproof (IPX-8,IPX-4 etc.)
what is the meaning of weatherproof? what are the standarts?
and what is the impact resistant of the flashlight? 1 meter? 2 meters?
I asked all those question because I want a tactical flashlight,which I can trust to continue working in any situation-falls,rain,wet enviroment (not underwater,only rain),Dust,sand and shocks.
so is the surefire G2X fire rescue fit my requirements?
thanks advance...

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I think if you lube up the o-rings that light will survive anykind of rain there is :) i have the 6p but it has similar o-ring setup with the g2x hope this helps you in some way.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
You'll have no trouble with SureFire. If you did, you could call them and they will make it right. I have a bunch of SureFire lights both modded and stock and have had zero problems. Keep in mind, though, I don't think SureFire makes a diving light. If you plan on swimming with it you need a diving light.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
G2X would be able to survive even the harshest rain thrown at it. I guess due to the fact that most of Surefire's sales are targeted towards the military and law enforcements, and considering how such agencies would be abusing their lights, it might be prudent not to overrate their light's performance. Anyway, Surefire has always been known to be conservative in their ratings. Having said that, I can safely say that all of Surefire's lights should be able to withstand a quick dip in a puddle of water without any water ingress. Good enough for situation where you might have dropped your light into a puddle during rainy weather.

Chowser

Newly Enlightened
Don't know about the G2X, but I have an ancient G2 Nitrolon that's been in service for years. I keep it in the cruiser and the guys I share the car with have abused it. It sits in a hot car, cold car, it's been dropped in the snow, used in the rain, I've hit people with it. It just keeps working.
Best $30 I spent on a light. I have a OD G2 as well, I stuck an LED module in it and mounted it on the rifle in the car. works just fine even with 5.56mm on full auto.