Old school leo 6d mag lite

flashburn72

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone I came across a old school leo 6d cell mag lite . has a rounded tail cap I have never seen before and also seems to have a metal tower with what looks to be a mica type heat shield . It has a corroded battery stuck in it that im trying to get out . was wondering if anyone had any info on it ? was it a leo only issued light ? is it worth anything ? I will try to get pics up when I am at home base . But I do know its gettin a rop high bulb with six nimh .

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't help you with this particular light, but I have two standard 6D MLs that I added the TerraLux $15 LED modules to and they work pretty well. As bright as the Krypton bulbs, but with better efficiency and no 'broken/burned out bulb' baggage.

Chris

flashburn72

Newly Enlightened
the light without the head is 18" and some change . is this a 7d ? mag lite isnt printed on the head it is ingraved , I wonder how early it is .

Up All Night

Enlightened
the light without the head is 18" and some change . is this a 7d ? mag lite isnt printed on the head it is ingraved , I wonder how early it is .

I have a 6D mag that I purchased in the late 80's/early 90's. Without head and tailcap the body is exactly 17 & 15/16ths.
The MAG-LITE name, logo etc. seem to be engraved/etched and then filled with white.
Serial # D6001627066, if that's any help.
I'd like to see that cap!

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing that rounded cap was some kind of mod to accept the battery stick. Once you get that out you can clean it up and have a nice light. You might need a stock cap or a longer spring, though.