Forest jogging and offroad biking: TM11, RRT-3, TN30 or EYE30?

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
I'm still slightly split between the NITECORE TM11, JetBeam RRT-3, ThruNite TN30 and the Niteye EYE30, with a preference so far towards the TM11. I'm visually impaired (fairly night blind), and although my Quark X AA2 is enough to have evening dog walks and find my way home, I'm looking for something stronger to facilitate jogging and biking as well.

Which one of the lights listed would have the best beam profile, which would be the easiest to mount on a handlebar, etc.
Recommendations for other lights are welcome too, of course.

Mods: since this thread is about conventional LED flashlights, I posted it here. Please move it to the bicycle section or recommendation section at your discretion.

Last edited:

380long

Newly Enlightened
Also look at the Niteye Eye 25, it should be fairly easy to mount.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
Also look at the Niteye Eye 25, it should be fairly easy to mount.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm afraid it doesn't have the runtime I need at (for me) usable output levels.
I will rarely be using the lows on the light I'll end up buying; for that I will still have my Quark.

Last edited:

LEDburn

Enlightened
What kind of riding do you plan on doing - is it likely to be very technical or high speed?

Depending on how aggressive a rider you are, you may want something with more throw so you can see obstacles up ahead better.
I ride pretty quick and technical trails so for me the best bet is a Zebralight h600Fw mounted on the bars kinda facing downish a bit and a Quark Turbo X neutral white attached to my head via a home made set-up consisting of foam and zip ties.
I have a sc600w on the way and will test that instead of the Quark soon. Will let you know if it's woth mention. I'm not getting the sc600w as an intended replacement for the Turbo X either by the way.

oKtosiTe

Enlightened
What kind of riding do you plan on doing - is it likely to be very technical or high speed?

Depending on how aggressive a rider you are, you may want something with more throw so you can see obstacles up ahead better.
I ride pretty quick and technical trails so for me the best bet is a Zebralight h600Fw mounted on the bars kinda facing downish a bit and a Quark Turbo X neutral white attached to my head via a home made set-up consisting of foam and zip ties.
I have a sc600w on the way and will test that instead of the Quark soon. Will let you know if it's woth mention. I'm not getting the sc600w as an intended replacement for the Turbo X either by the way.

Mainly for transportation. I wouldn't go racing in the night—unless I really felt confident about my light. I suspect that Zebralight's (current) offering also lack the output I, being visually impaired, need, but for EDC I do think I would consider one in the future.