Acebeam        
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Surefire C3 Serial Number Registry

Default Re: Surefire C3 Serial Number Registry

List updated, congrats to sidfishez, looks like you have the lowest number C3 so far. Happy new year CPF.

Flashaholic*

Cool Re: Surefire C3 Serial Number Registry

Quote Originally Posted by sidfishez View Post
    Just to squeeze one more C3 in before New Years. A three flats, Crosshairs logo A000048 in Black.
    I demand pics!
    ampdude

Default Surefire C3 Serial Number Registry

Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    I demand pics!
    I was gonna say the same thing... I second that motion! I would like to behold the beauty of that one.

I'll do my best to get photos up. I don't have a hosting site for photos yet. I can see this might get interesting since I am a new member.Well that didn't work....

I'll do my best to get photos up. I don't have a hosting site for photos yet. I can see this might get interesting since I am a new member.Well that didn't work....
    imgur may be an easy option, free to sign up. Upload via phone or computer, BBCode of the pic is what you want to click on(to copy). Then paste here, check the code with the go advanced button next to your post quick reply. You should see your pic appear, if happy post.

With tiny pic you don't need a hosting site account. I think they ask you for an email address and to name a password if you want to store your pix there...

You go to tinypic dot com and you'll see an upload page. Press the upload button, choose your photo and answer the question they ask you (to show you're not a bot).

Then you'll see some links with descriptions below. Highlight the link for "forums", choose copy then come back here and long press a blank 'reply' screen to see the word 'paste', then touch that... done.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-07-2018 at 08:56 AM.
    John 3:16

[IMG][/IMG][IMG]Most likely too large, but here it is. Still using the original N2 lamp.
    Last edited by sidfishez; 01-07-2018 at 10:29 AM.

[IMG]Most likely too large, but here it is. Still using the original N2 lamp.
    Uh oh... Photobucket wants you to feed the meter...

Fixed it for ya. Pm incoming.

Yup xxxx48 alright...
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-07-2018 at 10:57 AM.

wow ... nice

... is the archimedes peak

Here are the rest of my C3's with serials.

A009512 4 flats BK three pat's
    A010489 4 flats BK
    A016605 4 flats HA
    A017860 4 flats HA
    A019311 4 flats BK
    A021863 4 flats BK
    A023728 4 flats BK
    A023806 4 flats BK
    A023917 4 flats BK

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by sidfishez; 01-07-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Holy heartattack!!!

That is an EPIIIIIIIIICCCC selection.

Flashaholic*

sidfishez, that's a super nice C3. I would love to own that. The C3's with the crosshairs logo are even rarer than the C2's with such as the C3 came later on. I'd like to know when the crosshair logo cutoff was for the C3's, and if there were even any crosshairs C3-HA bodies that shipped out the doors of Surefire. Mine at 765 does not have one. I've actually never even seen a C3-HA with a crosshairs logo. Yours is only one of two I've seen and the other one was a C3-BK as well.

Oh, should owning just the body and not the bezel or tailcap count as owning the light? Mine is complete original.

Just kidding, I think it should count. If you have it, the original bezel will be the original 6P-BK hex style with the pressed in lexan lens like the early hex bezel 6P's, Z2's, and Z3's. The early C3-HA's and all of the early C2-HA's I've seen (including all of the C2-HA with crosshairs logo) came with the screw in bezel ring. I own at least two of those. The tailcap on your C3-BK should have the hex style nut instead of a rivet holding it together.
    Last edited by ampdude; 01-08-2018 at 09:56 PM.
    ampdude

Ampdude,

The pop in lexan bezel and the tailcap with the allen screw holding the assembly together are safely tucked away. I have another HA that's boxed up somewhere and a demo black I will have to find and add to the list. This one has been used before I got it. I like it that way, so I don't panic each time I take it out. I have no idea when the break came for the cross-hair logos on these C3's, most likely after the first batch was delivered for assembly at Surefire. Maybe at 5 or 600.

sidfishez

sidfishez, I added all of your C3's to the list

Thanks for adding my C3's to the list. i have another black four flats to add. It is a working cutaway #A024194. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and celebrating all the other Holidays this time of year brings.

I have one to add, C3-HA #A016890, 4 flats

Updated again, happy 2019 everyone

[...] The C3's with the crosshairs logo are even rarer than the C2's with such as the C3 came later on. I'd like to know when the crosshair logo cutoff was for the C3's, and if there were even any crosshairs C3-HA bodies that shipped out the doors of Surefire. Mine at 765 does not have one. I've actually never even seen a C3-HA with a crosshairs logo. Yours is only one of two I've seen and the other one was a C3-BK as well. [...]
    Quoted the above to confirm; I am proud of my 'crosshairs' C2-BK w/ lexan lens & hex screw tailcap, but I have never ever seen a C3 comparably-configured.

Flashaholic*

Thumbs up Re: Surefire C3 Serial Number Registry

Nice!! Now we finally know! Thanks for posting the picture.
    ampdude

I found another couple C3's while cleaning up my wife's things. C3 BK four flats #A019448. C3 BK four flats #A021943.

I LOVE the fact that you found 2 C3's while cleaning up your wife's things bravo! That is a true flashaholic thing to say right there ;-)
    I found another couple C3's while cleaning up my wife's things. C3 BK four flats #A019448. C3 BK four flats #A021943.

It looks like crosshairs C3 photo link died sidfishez? I did see it though for a moment, it was gorgeous.

We shared most everything, except for my fishing rods and reels.

Flashaholic*

My C3, HA is four-flats, #A016161...purchased years ago from a fellow CPF member.

I've long held that the 3-cell series of lights is where SF really used to shine. Great size and output (for the time), so I made sure to get the 9P, Z3, G3, M3, and C3. Alas, I waited and waited, but SF never did come out with an E3...
    Last edited by flashfan; 05-16-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    Having a right and doing what's right is not always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by flashfan View Post
    [...] I've long held that the 3-cell series of lights is where SF really used to shine. Great size and output (for the time), so I made sure to get the 9P, Z3, G3, M3, and C3. Alas, I waited and waited, but SF never did come out with an E3...
    I recall seeing pics of the SF E3 prototype back in the day ...
    And at the risk of going OT, don't forget the G3Z.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfc6pzh4cb...32554.jpg?dl=0

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Espionage Studio View Post
    It looks like crosshairs C3 photo link died sidfishez? I did see it though for a moment, it was gorgeous.
    I thought I had saved it on my computer before the link died.. but I can't find it.
    ampdude

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    I recall seeing pics of the SF E3 prototype back in the day ...
    And at the risk of going OT, don't forget the G3Z.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfc6pzh4cb...32554.jpg?dl=0
    That is really cool, I didn't know there was a G3Z prototype. That would have been great!

My two favorites though that Surefire never released were the E3e and the A3 Aviator.

Would have been really cool to have an MN04 lamp assembly! I like the lumens factory ones, but they aren't halogen filled.
    ampdude

That is really cool, I didn't know there was a G3Z prototype. That would have been great! [...]
    Sorry, now I'm just trollin' ya; it's my Nitroz-modified G3 with 'Z' parts.

But to make it up to the C3 folks here, I'm in the process of 'restoring' my 3-flats C3 & will post a thread at some point.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Sorry, now I'm just trollin' ya; it's my Nitroz-modified G3 with 'Z' parts.

But to make it up to the C3 folks here, I'm in the process of 'restoring' my 3-flats C3 & will post a thread at some point.
    LoL! That's cool. I still can't barely tell. Except now I turned up the brightness and looked again and notice the body is sorta squared off. Cool mod! I'm glad I picked up some G3's while I still could.
    ampdude

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234