Surefire beam distance

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
I want to buy for me my first Surefire flashlight,and I can not decide which flashlight to buy-G2X Fire Rescue, P2X fury or E2DL defender.
I want a flashlight which throw as far as possible.
In surefire 2012 catalog-they wrote that the G2X fire resuce has 10,000 candela and 200 lumens, the P2X fury has 9400 candela and 500 lumens
and the original E2DL with 200 lumens isn't been shown in the 2012 catalog (only the future 250 lumens version been shown)
so is it say that the G2X throw further than the P2X (G2X-10,000 candela P2X-9,400 candela)
of course that the E2DL is better thrower than the G2X fire resuce (same output,but the E2DL has TIR optics),but which is better thrower? the G2X fire rescue or the P2X fury?
thanks advance...

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are correct in your interpretation of the numbers. By the stats, the G2X will out throw the Fury. This is due to the larger die XM-L LED used in the Fury without a much larger reflector. That said, the difference will hardly be noticeable in the real world. The difference between 9400 and 10,000 candela is quite small relatively speaking. I think you should assume they have about the same throw and focus on the other features each light offers in making your decision.

tonkem

Enlightened
I used to have an LX2 that was rated at 200 lumens and had a good throw, compared to my other lights, as it had the TIR optic that surefire is known for. I also have an e1l that can throw very well considering its size and lower lumen output. That being said, I have the Fury also, and it is a much brighter light, but does not throw as far as my lx2 did, but has a great hotspot :) I Hope that helps.