2xAA Incan Bulb

fishndad

Enlightened
Looking to replace the bulb in a rayovac 2xAA light. Its a cheapo but theres no reason
it shouldnt reach its maximum potential.
Wanting to use 10440 3.6v if thats an option.:thinking:
Anyone know where to look?
ive searched the net and am not finding an Incan bold that will not go :poof:

darkknightlight

Enlightened
I actually just bought a rayovac 2aa light that uses pr bulbs a couple days ago. Does the light that you have use pr bulbs? If so, what i did with mine is load it with a dorcy 4-cell krypton lamp and two trustfire 14500s i had lying around. Didn't blow the bulb, and it actually puts out some good light now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fishndad

Enlightened
I actually just bought a rayovac 2aa light that uses pr bulbs a couple days ago. Does the light that you have use pr bulbs? If so, what i did with mine is load it with a dorcy 4-cell krypton lamp and two trustfire 14500s i had lying around. Didn't blow the bulb, and it actually puts out some good light now!

? dont know.
Looks like a standard maglight bulb.
I wonder about the Magnum star 6D replacement bulb 233 lumen,57,000 lux.
cant find the voltage range spect though.
I will be running the 14500s so need that 7v or higher bulb.

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Yep, that's the bulb! You could go with a five cell mag xenon bulb and two 14500s, our the four cell dorcy krypton bulb. I haven't tried the five cell mag bulb yet, so i don't know if it will poof; I've read online that it works though. Both bulbs will be overdriven for the entire run of the battery is my understanding.

fishndad

Enlightened
Cool try to pick a couple up this weekend.

How about a AAA 2 pin bulb that runs off 10440 3.6 volts any ideas there?

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Not a clue about those. If you can find a three cell version of that kind of bulb you could probably run it from a single 10440. Maybe radio shack has them?

fishndad

Enlightened
thanks.
Hopefully someone has an idea ive got a 1xAAA keychain light the bulb is dead and need a replacement.
More is always better.

darkknightlight

Enlightened
If its anything like a mag solitaire you could put a 3mm led in it and run it off a single 10440. Or you could try a two cell mini mag bulb with the 10440, but I'm almost positive the bulb will blow.

fishndad

Enlightened
yea i thought of that.
Mabey ill go a little lighter on the voltage and output.
What of a 2cell xenon bulb run off 2 reg AAs?

darkknightlight

Enlightened
Since the light is built for a two cell bulb you should be just fine. As a side note, I've had the four cell bulb running off of two 14500s for up to five or six minutes continuously at a time, and have not yet experienced any deformation of the internal components.