Another "designer" light.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to give it some props for looking good and having a dedicated charging base, but as for usefulness I'd pass.

http://www.gizmag.com/trioh-flashlight/23229/

One thing is if this designer gave any thought to the engineering and aesthetics he would have put a warm white led to match the warm white light most likely used where this flashlight would be displayed.

And one thing that worries me is very little technical specs on the light. How many people here would contribute to the start of this light especially in the article it says it has three led's? To me that's waaay too suspicious that you'll end up getting a light with 3x5mm led's for your $70 so thanks but no thanks. This guy really should talk to some actual flashlight enthusiasts. You don't see me as an engineer try to kickstart my own art studio do you?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
That outline looks shockingly derivative of the hyperboloid shape I saw in a certain 1000-lumen custom light around here. On a practical standpoint, I'm sure that all patents having to do with "Twist something to move a lens in proximity to an LED to change beam shape" will entangle this from the start here in the US.

borealis

Newly Enlightened
It does look like the orb a little, but it looks more like a vase. One was even shown in the video! I like it. But all I really need is to shape some diffuser film in a similar way to fit my lights :)