Solarforce low voltage XR-E Cree 0.8-4.2V with AW 17670 in G2 body?

LilKevin715

Enlightened
Is your G2 a older incan version or the newer version? If its the older incan version I wouldn't recommend it as the module needs a metal head in order to dissapate the head generated. If its the newer version with the metal head then you should be fine.

Doggonit

Newly Enlightened
Would the low voltage LED module really get that hot compared to the pretty hot P60? Yeah, mine is the old, non-metal head. Okay, so say the LV LED is out, how do I keep the P60 then but upgrade at the very least to rechargable batteries in some form? I was told that using a 17670 with the P60, which expects 6V, isn't going to work out too well as the 17670 is charged to 4.2V max.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
You could still use your G2 body tube, but use a aftermarket (Solarforce) metal head for less than $5. Checkout solarforceflashlight-sales.com, you might find some other goodies there as well;).

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not that it won't work running the P60 on a single 17670...it will just be less bright than the first 10 minutes worth of use or so from the lithium primaries. The rechargeable will last longer though, plus it's rechargeable ;D

LV426

Enlightened
This is the second time I rewrite this...

This config works alright in all plastic G2s, I've had several up and running for friends like this.