Pelican 2370 Multi Color LED Flashlight

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone gotten/ tried the new Pelican 2370 Multi Color LED Flashlight? 3 output colors; twist the rotator ring to select white, red or blue; 2 brightness levels with white LED; anodized aluminum construction; runs on 2 AA alkaline batteries

My .02 FWIW YMMV

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks AnApple, but the only multi-color energizer I could find was a 2 AA which was nothing like the new Pelican. Perhaps I missed one? The pictures & descripition of the new Pelican look VERY good.

My .02 FWIW YMMV

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hrm. I swear I had one 3 years back, and even saw it at Advance Auto the other week (With white/red/blue). I'll peer around for whatever's left of mine; its head was held on by a half-threaded shaft and worked its way loose after a lot of use.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
AnApple, by chance might you have meant the [h=1]Coleman 3AAA Multi-Color LED Flashlight ?[/h]
My .02 FWIW YMMV

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
AnApple, by chance might you have meant the Coleman 3AAA Multi-Color LED Flashlight ?

My .02 FWIW YMMV

Hah! Yeah, that's the one. Here's a picture I took with a red/white/green one:

Back on topic, I'll look for this light and try one out if I can find one. Pelican makes decent lights, don't they? The alternate colors are useful, but with my Coleman I kept wishing for a dimmer white. It sounds like this one delivers that. I just hope it isn't always HI LO OFF like some recent lights have been.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have had a few Pelicans over the years and they have held up well. I like the idea of 2 AA (I believe this new Pelican just came out the beginning of July, or so) better then 3 AAA (I have a number of the Coast 3 AAA multi-colors, just can't get over the 3AAA's). I'd put a link to this new Pelican, but as they're very "funny" about that these days here, I don't know if I can/ should. So here's a copy of the Pelicans specs..

The Pelican 2370 is a high powered LED flashlight with options. A simple twist of the bezel ring on the Pelican 2370 gives you 3 output color choices - white LED, red LED or blue LED. Press the tail cap switch lightly for momentary on or click for constant on in any color. With the white LED selected, the Pelican 2370 gives you 2 brightness options - high and low. The first press gives you high white, and a second quick press gives you low.

Features of :
• 3-way mode selection ring with choice of 3 output colors
white - general illumination with high and low
red - preserves night vision
blue -useful for map reading, police investigation, etc
• 2 brightness levels in white:
High - 106 lumens, 3.5 hour runtime, 158m beam distance (518 ft)
Low - 13 lumens, 41 hour runtime, 52m beam distance (170 ft)
• pushbutton tail switch for constant on/off and momentary on
press for momentary on
press and click for constant on
from off, press twice rapidly for low (white LED only)
• powered by 2 each AA alkaline batteries (included)
• measures 6.5" long x 1.25" head diameter x 0.9" body diameter
• weighs 6.3 oz with batteries
• anodized aluminum construction
• removable pocket cli
• O-ring sealed for water resistance
• includes Pelican 2370 flashlight, removable pocket clip and batteries
• made in China
• limited lifetime guarantee through Pelican

My .02 FWIW YMMV

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks very new (Too new to find a review?). The specs seem decent. I'll order one and see how it is. Free shipping from some place, who knows when it'll arrive?

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UI is well-thought-out. White is on one end, blue on the other, with red in the middle. On mine it IS possible to straddle blue/red to make purple. The beam quality is quite good, with only very slight white-wall-hunter 'points' around the hot-spot showing the holes in the reflector. The magnetic control ring works nicely, and is easy to turn. The only tactile position indicator is a narrow cut on the ring that may be lined up with the flat for red output.

White on Low is dim but plenty for walking. Majorly visible PWM on Low, but tint is good on both levels. A 'snowy' white tint without much color to it. It shows colors passably well. The red and blue levels are quite bright, certainly not 'tactical' or even 'night-vision preserving.'

The switch is forward clicky. Mine has quite a deep press, but this can probably be adjusted like most clickies. The batteries fit snugly and the light is quite long. I have large hands and encounter no trouble, but others may. The surface of the light is very good in feeling. The coating (Anodize? I don't know) feels silky but grippy. The gnurling is not pocket-gouging rough, though I have not done a soapy hands test for wet grip.

The runtime at 3.5 hours on high on Alkalines is probably going to be a bit better on NiMHs, but this runs at fairly low power. After 10 minutes in my pocket there was hardly any notable heat from the light on High. 600 mA tailcap draw on High, 10-20mA on low, 3-5 mA on red and 5-8mA on blue - but I have a cheap multimeter that noticeably dims the light compared to the switch.

Summary: Nice to use. The clip works well, but is a bit stiff. I call this a 'belt carry' size. The switch is easy to operate and distinguish 'on' from 'momentary.' It may be tough to use with heavy gloves without adjusting the clicky. The packaging is neat and the machining is nice. Do check the O-rings for metal bits; I found two tiny aluminum bits in the pre-lubricated O-rings. The throw is quite good for across-yard pointing, but a bit intense for close work (Gardening after dark). XP-E and a light-OP reflector of about 26mm size behaves as expected when nicely centered.

There are niftier, feature-ier lights out there, but this light works. None of its modes are extremely dim or astonishingly bright, but it does the job.

Other: It is possible to remove the bezel and reflector very easily. I have not gone after "Can I clean under the magnetic ring?" It is possible to trigger the magnet sensor with a strong magnet. This light seems durable and well-thought-out. The "No Trash Can" emblem on the tailcap is odd, though.

gripnSUREFIRE

Newly Enlightened
To the OP, thanks for posting this....I saw this light not long ago, and was intrigued.

TAG for CPF's experience