SOE Gear Surefire cases

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one from a CPF member for the M2, but it was too short. I used it for a G2 & is now carrying my G2Z. I like it, but $ for $, I think Ripoffs is a better buy. Problem is, they don't make one for those lights. TX

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i don't see what the big deal is with SOE. i had one for a strider folder, it was defective like txwest's-too short
rolleyes.gif
i didn't see anything special about their stuff and didn't care for the buckle. velcro is much quicker and positive than fumbling with a buckle. yeah i know the silent buckle is for "real world operators" blah blah.

i'll second the ripoff's, far superior and far less than overpriced SOE.

kev1-1

Enlightened
I just placed an order for a SureFire M3...any one used SOE's M3 holster? OR any other they could recomend? Thanks alot!
grin.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened
I have the SOE M2 pouch -- it is too short and I use it now for the G2Z. I also have one for a Strider AR and like tkl said, it could also be longer. Their stuff is usually well made, but extremely expensive. Eagle Industries makes some nice stuff -- has anyone used their M3 pouch?

E__WOK

Newly Enlightened
hi ed,

nice to see you here. I have a SOE pouch for my M6 and it fits perfectly.

blah, blah, blah. did you guys try to adjust the velcro flap on the bottom? i have seen plenty of AR and M2 pouches, and they aren't too small for either item.

if it still doesn't fit, give soe a call and they will fix it for you.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes i did try the adjustment. for the price, not to mention $10 for shipping
rolleyes.gif
it should fit.

all the ripoffs i've ordered fit, offer clip or loop, look sturdier with thicker material and run around $12.

Tombeis

Enlightened
Txwest,tkl:

You may want to E-mail SOE with the measurements for your M2 pouches.

To me,it looks like you may have received a pouch for a pistol mag by mistake.

The SOE M2 and M3 pouches I have fit both flashlights with room to spare. In fact I have used them with both click switches ( S48 and SW-02) installed on the flashlight.

Tom "The Real World Operator."

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
tkl,
I like the clip model, as a lot of times I don't wear a belt. Have you found a CO- model that fits the M2? I have a CO-130 that I think is not built correctly that's a little to large for it. If it fit the lights it's designed for, it would probably be fine. Plus you can carry a host of different lights in the 2nd pocket. BTW, The CO-130 I have fits the SF T-heads & the US very well. Would probably fit the M3 too. TX

kev1-1

Enlightened
Cheers for the info! Does that mean that the M3+ SW02 fat charlie tailcap will fit in the SOE holster?

PS-Does Eagle Industries have a website?

EDIT: WHOOPS! Just re-read the above post! Doh!
blush.gif
grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Tombeis:
Txwest,tkl:

You may want to E-mail SOE with the measurements for your M2 pouches.

To me,it looks like you may have received a pouch for a pistol mag by mistake.

The SOE M2 and M3 pouches I have fit both flashlights with room to spare. In fact I have used them with both click switches ( S48 and SW-02) installed on the flashlight.

Tom "The Real World Operator."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">my pouch was for a strider folder. i never used it and sold it to another member. he tried it out and it was short. he sent it back to soe for replacement.

tom, i beleive your are an "operator"
grin.gif
i lmao when i read that.

your sig line warranted chuckles as well.
smile.gif