Ran My Quark 123 Through The Wash...[UPDATE: 47'S CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS AWESOME]

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just discovered that I ran my keys through the wash, doh!

On the bright side though, this means I need/get to buy a new keychain light?

Recommendations?

I was just looking at the Olight I1 EOS on shiningbeam. Is that a good choice?

I was thinking about maybe trying a cr2 light, but I already have all these cr123's.

Update: I contacted 47's customer support and they offered to repair the light even though it was no longer under warranty.

Sweet!

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
So it didn't survive? I read of a couple Preons that have survived the wash. Can you send it in as a warranty repair?

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Ran My Quark 123 Through The Wash...

As long as the threads were properly lubed and o-rings maintained, I don't see a reason to replace it.

TweakMDS

Enlightened

If it's even permanently broken, I'd get another quark, since they are so lego-able.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

Olight's i3 is okay, though the Quark 123's a more durable light imho. strange that your light didnt survive the trip in the washing machine. My Quark AA's survived lots of dunks including snorkeling.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did you wash out the anodizing? :)

I sent my Preon 2 through the washing machine. It failed to turn on after that. I thought it is dead until I changed out the batteries. Have you tried changing a new set of batteries? Could be the battery being damaged after all the spinning and tumbling inside.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have ran my mini 123 ti through the wash more times than I can count, then again I lubricate and maintain the o-rings so I dont have to worry about water intrusion.

Well laaaaah di dah. I guess I have been bad about maintaining my quark.

I tried a different battery, no luck.

The anodizing looks fine.

So any other options I should be looking at for a new light?

Thanks for all the replies!

Phil Ament

Enlightened

I discovered that my machine has a setting especially for cleaning my luminaries. Only naturally it's called "Light Wash".

Last edited:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll have one of the new Nightcore SENS lights waiting in my mailbox when I get home, but I can't comment first hand till then. I got the AA, but you have your choice of CR123 and CR2 as well.

I would not give up on it yet, though. Try opening it up, setting it on a sunny window ledge for a few days and then trying it again. Water may be shorting something inside, and take a good while to dry out. Or, it could be a gonner.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll have one of the new Nightcore SENS lights waiting in my mailbox when I get home, but I can't comment first hand till then. I got the AA, but you have your choice of CR123 and CR2 as well.

I would not give up on it yet, though. Try opening it up, setting it on a sunny window ledge for a few days and then trying it again. Water may be shorting something inside, and take a good while to dry out. Or, it could be a gonner.

Thanks for keeping hope alive!

Also, that nitecore looks awesome, both in its features and its price. That ADT thing looks neato.

Much appreciated!

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

I accidentally washed my Quark 123 S2 and I let it dry out for a 3 days. Then I cleaned the threads and put more lube on. It works fine now.

Perhaps it will work for you too.

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened

Olight's i3 is okay, though the Quark 123's a more durable light imho. strange that your light didnt survive the trip in the washing machine. My Quark AA's survived lots of dunks including snorkeling.

Same here with my Quark 123. First time it happened I checked the light inside and out and no water ever got past the O-rings.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guess I had bad luck, or haven't been caring for my quark properly.

Bigpal

Enlightened

I would at least contact 4Sevens and ask. This thread (Post #4) gives me great confidence as to their backup of their products.

And who knows, maybe if it survives or they replace it, your situation will give enthusiasts even more faith in them, which of course is a big positive for 4Sevens. They may welcome this sort of publicity.

Last edited:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, good call. Can't hurt to ask right?

allyourblood

Newly Enlightened

Well, aside from the possibility of warranty coverage (which I agree you should definitely pursue, or at least try), I say give the i1 a shot. I've been carrying an i3 for months and it's really great. Simple, dependable and quite durable. I imagine the i1 to be of similar quality, just a whole lot brighter. I've been wanting to try one myself but I'm gonna try the T10 first (on its way).

In any event, good luck in getting an EDC light up and running!

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the vote for the i series. They definitely look nice.

Anyone have any experience with cr2 keychain lights?