My brand new led flashlight is shorting out..."Official Disappointment Thread"...

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
My brand new led flashlight is shorting out..."Official Disappointment Thread"...

First off I want to say countycomm has treated me well over the years; I own many expensive watches from them and other stuff.

I've bought 6 maratac lights over the years; 5 as gifts and one for me. The one I got today is an aaa Rev2. I had trouble with the light not turning on and cleaning the threads/connections didn't seem to help much. When I did get the light to come on, the flashlight went red hot pretty quick. I couldn't tell what was causing the short, but I noticed the beam had terrible lines, not rings, crooked lines running thorugh the beam; I took a magnifier and it appears the dome over the led is damaged; also tiny bits of epoxy or such are floating around in the head :sigh: Perhaps the individual putting it together in the factory was new or had a beer on break :rolleyes:

Anyways I sent an email to mike and he had me send it back for replacement.

Good business with cc, its just disappointing when you get a lemon from the factory.

Whats your story of disappointment?

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Re: My brand new led flashlight is shorting out..."Official Disappointment Thread"...

Whats your story of disappointment?
Without rants about a particular Brand or Dealer try and keep the facts as spydie has in the OP otherwise this thread has the potential to go down hill quickly.
This isn't a one Brand against another thread nor does it take the place of the Jeers sob forum in the marketplace. - Thanks Norm

Last edited:

rufus001

Enlightened
Re: My brand new led flashlight is shorting out..."Official Disappointment Thread"...

I've been lucky. I have purchased a HEAP of lights this year and the only one not to work as expected is my Balder HD-1. It wont turn off using the piston switch! Apparently a couple have had this problem. No biggie as I simply loosen/tighten the head to turn it off/on but the only disappointment I've had.

sqchram

Newly Enlightened

Liteflux LF2XT kuku427 custom ti, xp-g, sapphire, trit button.

Its out of production and the tail switch went out.

I've since been using my 4 Sevens mini 123.

I loved the aaa size and that kept me off the cpf forums for 6 months as I wasn't looking for anything else. After such a time using it, and now realizing it may be out of service, possibly permanently, I've come back and drawing on my experiences have sought out what I might like better.

One of the things I've realized over time is at first I wanted a small, bright light. I now want a more accurate color as the blue tints of the high output leds make everything feel like im in a weird movie or the twilight zone.
The liteflux would sometimes be a hassle double-pressing to go through the modes, but I liked how much it could be programmed, though I would typically turn onto lowest, sometimes double press to medium, and press-hold for max.
I really liked the tritium button as I could find it on a dresser or nightstand easily.

Well, order placed for an HDS Rotary High-CRI, just gotta wait it out. Looking forward to the good color and the rotary control. Only two things I'd like to see is a clip, which Henry says is in the works, and a tritium feature would be cake too (I believe I have seen a bezel with 3 tritium slots, still researching). I also am looking into the beacon feature and have yet to research more through the HDS threads. (some comments suggest its too invasive in a dark environment, and I need to find out more on runtime)

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast

Post deleted,failure the comply with rule #12

Obviously disregarded post #3

If you have a jeer and it meets the jeer Policies please post there.

Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts