How to change button on Predator V2

HippieTom

Newly Enlightened
Hi there folks.

I have just bought myself an Predator V2.0 and im super happy with it. I only have some questions that i do not hear about to much.

1. How do you remove the button on the new tailcap? There is a spare button but i dont know how to put it in without damaging the button or paint.

2. Is there a new reflector in V2? The OP reflector on v1.2 is much wider spot when i compare them, but both are OP. Looks like mine is 5/24 OP??

3. I would like to put an old button/bezel from v1.2 on my V2 because of the lanard hole on the V2 is to fragile and it wont tailstand, i almost damaged my cigar grip ring after only some few hours use with the lanyard... I dont wont the hole tailcap just the bezel/button from V1.2 cause the tailcap on 1.2 is longer than the V2 tailcap and looks strange if i just switch. Does it fit the threads and stuff?

4. My lens looks much more purple than my buddies v1.2, why?

5. Is the new design as waterproof as the old? The area were you screw the head on looks wery open for dust and water to come in to the threads and not as safe as the 1.2.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. if your version 2 is anything like my v1.2 predator, you only have to remove the cren tailcap bezel to access the switch boot. i muscled mine off with my hands.
if that doesnt work, try using a rubber strap, or something made of rubber that could wrap around it, and provide fiction as you twist off the steel bezel.

4. the purple on the lens could be a sapphire coating. if it is, the more purple the better :thumbsup:

5. the o-rings are what seals out water and contaminates. keep a little lube on it, and make sure the o-rings are in good condition. the wider opening seems to be purely aesthetics, and in my opinion, does looks kind of strange.

:welcome:

HippieTom

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

HippieTom

Newly Enlightened
This is some bullshit. No info for months on the V2 on their hompage and no tools to change the button what is the point of sending extra parts if you can not change it?

Let me also ad this that when i try to test the voltage i get wery different results from the modes i use:
5lm-4.2v
25lm-3.4v
100lm-3.8
500lm-3.6v
Using AW18650 3100ma batteries

Last edited: