4Sevens or fenix forward clicky for Solar Force L2r

elseis66

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell if a forward clicky/momentary from one of the other aa light manufacturers will fit on a Solar Force L2r? I decided that I want another high quality dependable 2AA light and after looking through all the options I can't find one I like that is in the price rage I am willing to spend. I don't want to pony up the $60-$80 for a Quark AA2 Tactical or a Fenix LD20 or any of the other close competitors and can't find the features I want in the other higher quality brand lights that are a little cheaper like the Fenix E21 or Quark Mini AA. I want a forward clicky/momentary as well as a good low mode for very long run time in an emergency situation. The purpose of this search was to find a light from a well trusted manufacturer like fenix, quark, ect.. and try to avoid the cheaper less reliable lights like terralux, romison, ultrafire and so on. What I have decided to do is try to find a momentary switch that will work on a solar force L2r. I sure wish the new Mini Maglite Pro+ had a momentary. I may consider a terralux 2AA, can anybody give me some insight to the difference in quality between the terralux and some of the more expensive 2AA lights? I may just end up going with an E21 but would like it to be a little brighter. My budget is $50 or less shipped.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
The forward clicky from the Quark Tactical series lights don't fit without modifying it. The OD of the board is just a bit larger than it needs to be to slide in past the smaller set of threads that the lockring uses.

I've actually made my own adapter ring to use a McClicky switch in my L2r and I made a few extras just in case anyone else might need one.

elseis66

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help PCC, I sent you a pm regarding the adapter. In the mean time I found a light called a Lumintop L2A today at my local gun store for $45 that seems to meet all my criteria but wanted to do a little research on it before I buy. Oddly enough their price was better than what I have found online though.