Shortest aaa keychain light?

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to flashlights and kind of drawn to keychain lights. I think I just appreciate small things that work exquistely (no jokes here please!). I have a mini cooper, a chihuahua, my wife is 5'1", my computer tower is a mini tower, etc. My collection of keychain lights is growing despite my continued rationalizations that, "I don't need another similar light!" My wife doesn't understand my new light obsession, and I can't explain it, and she constantly nags me about all the gadgets I buy. Luckily, my temper is not short.

I'm on the search/hunt for the shortest aaa keychain light with the most lumens. So far, I've found the Fenix E05. Can't seem to find a shorter aaa light that puts out more lumens. The Fenix is rated at 27 lumens.

Anyone know of a shorter aaa light? Price is not an issue. I am not interested in a light that takes CR123 batteries or anything else other than aaa. I reach out to the collective minds for answer.

Thanks,
Nick

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
ok...the search narrows and I found this: The DQG Tiny. Rated at 60 lumens tops and shorter than the FenixE05! However, it's got a magnetic tip and I don't want anything magnetic on my keychain as it can attract keys, etc. The little thing is $57.00 bucks too. I thought price was not going to be an issue, but I think I'd like to keep it under $50.00 so I can stay married.

1xAAA-compared.jpg

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
In searching for the shortest aaa keychain light, I found this photo of an E05 with a lampshade/diffuser...anyone know if this is something that can be purchased anywhere?

063938149_0638419911af81e34352b02205ed94d8bc1f624387987bd61.jpg

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
ok...am I nuts or is that the top of the chapstick????? Anyone ever try this? I don't have a chapstick handy but curious to know if the light would penetrate?????? I wouldn't think so.

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
Ran across this light on a japanese website....says "Bello" under the light. Tried searching for it, but could not find it anywhere. The A3-EOS, is supposedly a little bit longer than the E05. Found it on Amazon for $19.99 and free shipping. Touted as being 80 lumens? We'll see. I'll bite.

cd50ad4360a1ab2817f9a6486fcf429c.jpg

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Preon P0 or DQG tiny in SS, not Ti, the SS is less than $50. Check chinaqualitygoods for the DQG, and foursevens has the P0. You won't find smaller.

Pointoflight

Newly Enlightened
Weight is not an issue. I assume they would all be pretty light. Thanks Jabe for that tip. The Dqg in ss for less than 50 bucks sounds like a winner for me.

sassaquin

Enlightened
Hi Pointoflight - I too have a fondness for tiny things and am always on the lookout for little lights.

The DQG has been released in several versions with the the titanium model topping out at $57. Also available, is the DQG III stainless which has the option for a glow dot on the tail instead of a magnet. It is reasonably priced at $30 (R5) and $32 (R4), but some owners have reported loose threads on the head.

If you ever want to stray from aaa batteries, here are a few expensive, but very nice, small lights worth looking at.

The Peak Eiger 10180 (2'') and 10280 (2.5'') are available in stainless steel and are very bright as they use lithium-ion batteries. These are priced at $69 and make great keychain and neck lights.

The super small and slim Klarus X5 (2.58'') uses aaaa battery and is reasonably bright at 76 lumens. It is a bit over your budget ($69) and sort of a novelty, but it's very cute and one of my favorites.

Last edited:

archimedes

Flashaholic
I'm new to flashlights and kind of drawn to keychain lights .... I'm on the search/hunt for the shortest aaa keychain light with the most lumens. So far, I've found the Fenix E05. Can't seem to find a shorter aaa light that puts out more lumens. The Fenix is rated at 27 lumens.

Anyone know of a shorter aaa light? Price is not an issue. I am not interested in a light that takes CR123 batteries or anything else other than aaa. I reach out to the collective minds for answer....

I think that the record so far has been set by the Peak Vesuvius, at over 600 (!) lumens on a 10440IMR cell - :eek:

The 10440 is the same size as a AAA, but has different battery chemistry (Lithium Ion - IMR) and much higher voltage .... The Vesuvius is now out of production, I believe, but occasionally trade on the MarketPlace.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
ok...am I nuts or is that the top of the chapstick????? Anyone ever try this? I don't have a chapstick handy but curious to know if the light would penetrate?????? I wouldn't think so.
If you get a white opaque top it works fine on my LD01SS which is the big brother of the E05. I leave the cap on my light so I don't get dirt on the glass lens or scratch it with my keys or a coin or something.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
If you get a white opaque top it works fine on my LD01SS which is the big brother of the E05. I leave the cap on my light so I don't get dirt on the glass lens or scratch it with my keys or a coin or something.

Get the natural version with the beige top and you have a warm light :)

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Does it actually emit enough light to be useful?
even on the lowest mode it does. It is actually great for a look at something as instead of having to aim a beam you have a flood that in pitch dark doesn't have a hot spot blinding you trying to find a keyhole.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
Ran across this light on a japanese website....says "Bello" under the light. Tried searching for it, but could not find it anywhere. The A3-EOS, is supposedly a little bit longer than the E05.

Found it on Amazon for $19.99 and free shipping. Touted as being 80 lumens? We'll see. I'll bite.

The A3 is slightly longer than the E05. Not sure why that picture you posted makes the A3 look so small, but here is a picture I took with my E05 and A3, along with an Eiger and my LD01.

The A3 may be slightly longer, but IMO it works perfectly as a keychain light and still feels small when in my pocket on the key ring.

Lights_1.jpg

Also I paid the same $19 on Amazon for the "96 lumen Upgraded" model, and when I'm using a 10440 li-ion in it, it's extremely bright and a great keychain light to use :)