Acebeam        
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Malkoff M61LLL 219

Default Re: Malkoff M61LLL 219

No question. Best customer service I have ever had 👍
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

So my new M61LLL 219 v3 is only drawing 106 mah at 9 volts! Got it in an elzetta 3 cell with hi/lo tail cap.IMO this setup is hard to beat.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Anyone know what v2 was pulling?

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    So my new M61LLL 219 v3 is only drawing 106 mah at 9 volts! Got it in an elzetta 3 cell with hi/lo tail cap.IMO this setup is hard to beat.
    It's a mosquito!
    ďMay it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.Ē
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Modernflame View Post
    Evening, Gents. Gene Malkoff confirms that everything currently being produced, including the group buys and dealer exclusives, are protected against reverse polarity except for the 1AA MDC. I'd like to add that Mr. Malkoff responded to a business email late in the evening on Saturday. I don't know of any other manufacturer, whether in this industry or any other, that takes such care to respond to customer concerns.

Thanks, Gene!
    Knowing how much of a market there is for Malkoff products second-hand, I really wish the listings on the Malkoff website were more archival. I have a couple MDC SHOs from an older run that are not reverse polarity protected, but the current run is. I could imagine someone buying an older model, and thinking it was not something they had to worry about because they were reading updated specs.

Quote Originally Posted by fresh eddie fresh View Post
    Knowing how much of a market there is for Malkoff products second-hand, I really wish the listings on the Malkoff website were more archival....
    Yes, I agree. Most of these modules will last until time stops, and it would be useful to have their detailed specs available along the way.

CPF in general, and this Malkoff forum in particular, will have to suffice ....
    ... is the archimedes peak

There's a member here, can't recall and no it's not Archi, but he is really good at finding specs on the older modules/lights...just can't remember who has helped me on a few occasions.

Something as you speak of would have to be addressed to Gene. If he still has all that info, a request could be put in for him to add an archived section to his website. He might be willing if he still has all the info somewhere. Never hurts to ask

I realize that most of the custom runs don't have published specs, but you have seen this thread, right ? ...

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ires-Spec-List

Thanks Archi,
    I have seen it but never took the time to really look at it. Nonregulated did a great job on all of that.

Well I got bored sooo if I remember right the runtimes off of 2XAA ď Energizer lithiumď weíre not that good with the M61LLL but was wondering if this version was any different. Mine is drawing 79mah off of them an at 4 hours is still going strong. Iíd say twice as bright as my neutral AA Malkoff on medium so close to 20 lumens.Looks like in a pinch this wouldnít be a bad setup.Again I will say Iím liking 3 cell bodies more and more.

Update 7 hours in and to my eyes hasnít dropped at all. Can see down my 15 foot hallway into a closet very easily. Looks like we might have a low power M91 kinda runtimes.

At 18 hours 30 minutes dam thing is still going and just as bright as my M361N on low.
    Last edited by thermal guy; 11-18-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Ended test. tired of the funny looks Iím getting😁 but she is still putting out usable light and sure it would of gone longer. But this will give you an idea of what you can expect out of 2 X lithium energizer.

Ending volts 1.54. 1.535. Yikes! Didnít use nothing
    Last edited by thermal guy; 11-18-2019 at 02:59 PM.

^ is that days.hours.minutes.seconds?

25 hours 25 minutes. With 2X energizer lithiumAA.

And dam things were still at 1.5 volts! It was still going strong probably would of lasted awhile longer.

Just missed the chance to stop it at 25:25:25.25

Thatís what I was shooting for😂 the ending volts weíre still at 1.5 for both cells. Pretty sure it was going to go for a lot longer.But after the 3rd person at work said HEY your lights on I said screw it. Think it needs the higher volts of the lithiumís because it barely lit with eneloop pros.

Tough crowd 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Thatís what I was shooting for the ending volts weíre still at 1.5 for both cells. Pretty sure it was going to go for a lot longer.But after the 3rd person at work said HEY your lights on I said screw it. Think it needs the higher volts of the lithiumís because it barely lit with eneloop pros.
    Reminds me of the M91 testing.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

Almost exactly the same results except lower output.

Hey just realized my M61LLL V3 will run off of a single primary 123! 3 volts. And looks to be dam near full output. Got the timer going. Not sure if she will run a long time but Iíll post results.

Update@. Now 10 hours in an Shes still chugging along. 2-3 lumens or so. Enough to navigate with or read. Crazy. And again this is on a single primary 123!
    Last edited by thermal guy; 02-03-2020 at 04:48 AM.

Guess I can put this here too...

Well I caved in and got another M61LLL😁. As far as a backup/long run light itís hard to beat.
    Iím now at 15 hours and mine is still going strong enough to read and walk around with. Crazy it is.

So 18 hours later she is still putting out enough light to read by. Going to stop this now. But yep I got about 18 hours of light with my M61LLL V3 with one Partially used primary 123. starting volts were a little over three and ending volts 2.7
    Last edited by thermal guy; 02-03-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Thatís awesome runtime. What kind of 123 was it?
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

A surefire. Wasnít even new. Had it in another Malkoff first. Think it was just a little over 3 volts to begin with.

I always feel like I need another malkoff. I donít know why I donít own more
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Iím not even sure exactly how many I have to be completely honest with you. And I just bought another. I figure Iíll find a place for it😁

Flashaholic*

So whatís everyoneís favorite host for these?

If i used this module, I'd just run it in a VME with body of choice

I take that back, i was thinking it was a 15lm module. I'd run it in an mdx 22.3 with h/l (probably modified to change low mode) using an md1 or md1.5 body. Current draw is low, so no need for too much. Could run it in md2 if wanted
    Last edited by INFRNL; 02-03-2020 at 09:20 PM.

One of mine is in a tan G2. Next one is going into a 3 cell host. Probably a MD3 with hi/lo. Battery options with this setup is great. 1,2,3 primaries. 2XAA, 1,2, 16340ís. Etc etc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast