Malkoff M61LLL 219

28gauge

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered one of these drop ins from illumination supply. It has the Nichia NVSL219AT-H1 LED. I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this unit?

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, not the LLL, but I have the M61 and M61L 219's. So you will just have a lower brightness and much longer run time.

If this is your first Nichia 219, you are in for a treat. Very nice. Colors look like they should, the color temperature of the beam is near sunlight, although a little warmer, but not like the orange tinted warm Cree high CRI's.

The beam is VERY floody in these. It has a hotspot, but it is huge. It's just dynamite for close work and walking. Since you are not likely to be getting an LLL for max. throw, this should be a good thing.

You will get a little dark ring just before the end of the spill, where it does not get noticed. Just a weird product of the 219 in the McGizmo reflector, not to worry, no other artifacts or irregularities. Enjoy!

CMAG

Enlightened
I have m61 LLL , nice beam and workmanship as to be expected from anything Malkoff
The LLL is like a ican with 1/2 dead batts a yellowish gold tint easy on the eyes good for close work (the glare don't blind you)
I have one set up in a 2s2p cr123a host for a long running 10 year shelf life emg light

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the M61LLL 219. It's a Malkoff! I generally keep it in a G2 with a 17670 and it's my go to light around the house. Interesting, I just did a run time test for someone in another thread and found that the module will put out usable light for over 24 hours on two AA Eneloops.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on emails back and forth with Craig, I was told that the runtimes of the 219 versions should be the same as the corresponding M61. So apparently the 219 drop ins are using the same drivers as the standard Cree drop ins so the only specs that should be different are output and color.

The 219 is really nice... I went ahead and got the M61L 219 and really like it, just makes for a nice 'utility' light and none of the 'angry blue' color or colors that end up missing altogether with some older LED lights.

Last edited:

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I have two Z2s, and one has an M61NLLL and the other has an M61LLL 219. Both really great lights with a whole lot of runtime. The 219 is really nice indoors because it is a little more floody. I think you will be happy with it!

I have been debating getting an M61NLLLL. How low should I go? :)

Glock 22

Enlightened
I'm a real big fan of the LLL's and the LLLL's. I have a M61NLLL, a M61NLLLL, and of course a M61LLL 219. I remember back over a year ago I done a runtime test on a M61WLLL with an AW 18650 and got 29 and 1/2 hrs. before it started dimming. I got tired of watching it so I turned it off. My overall view is that the M61LLL 219 will probably give you the same results, it's well worth having.

fresh eddie fresh:
I would recommened you getting the M61NLLLL, you'll be surprised on how bright it is. I keep mine in a G2 running on a 17670, and it gets used a lot. One thing is when Gene stops making them for Dan we may never see another run of them. I believe you know I'm a big Malkoff nut, so pick you one up.

T45

Enlightened
After reading so many posts about the Malkoff M61s, I bought Oveready's last M61LLL Warm. When I first turned it on, I seriously thought "how the heck did I get an incan in there?" It's nearly indistinguishable from a P60 incan. I moved it from a G2 to a 6P Gun Metal, and then added a Zeno bezel and a Titanium lanyard ring. Nice to know it does have the run time I wanted.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
fresh eddie fresh: I would recommened you getting the M61NLLLL, you'll be surprised on how bright it is. I keep mine in a G2 running on a 17670, and it gets used a lot. One thing is when Gene stops making them for Dan we may never see another run of them. I believe you know I'm a big Malkoff nut, so pick you one up.

I think one of those is definitely in my future... maybe not this month because I just bought a camo MD2 and a bunch of other stuff, but soon. Heck, I am down to only 17 Malkoff drop-ins... I need to replenish!!! :)

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Though not close to being the brightest light I have, the 219LLL is becoming one of my go to lights. It kicks out plenty of light in the dark and I'm still on the original set of batteries. I'm too cheap to do a runtime test, as fun as it would be to throw a fresh set of primaries in there and just let er cook until it dies... I just can't bring myself to do it! I'm unsure of how to test at the tailcap? I think this will be my camping light for a long time.

Tracker II

Enlightened
Though not close to being the brightest light I have, the 219LLL is becoming one of my go to lights. It kicks out plenty of light in the dark and I'm still on the original set of batteries. I'm too cheap to do a runtime test, as fun as it would be to throw a fresh set of primaries in there and just let er cook until it dies... I just can't bring myself to do it! I'm unsure of how to test at the tailcap? I think this will be my camping light for a long time.

I'll be your huckleberry. Two fresh primaries in an MD2 with a 219LLL - turn-on time 6pm CST, Aug. 13.

Last edited:

Tracker II

Enlightened
Report #1 - 12 hours in and the 219LLL appears as bright as ever. If there is any loss of light, it is minimal.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, I have a M61L 219 and it is my favorite/most used light. Great runtime, good brightness, and great color rendition. I need to pick up a LL or LLL for my G2 as an emergency/power outage light...

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, I have a M61L 219 and it is my favorite/most used light. Great runtime, good brightness, and great color rendition. I need to pick up a LL or LLL for my G2 as an emergency/power outage light...

same here on the single-L. I have one in a G2Z. phenomenal.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Pretty awesome on doing a run time test thanks. I every now or then do them myself, just for fun. I have this some module, and am excited to see how long it will go. I got 29 and 1/2 hrs on a M61WLLL on an 18650 3100 mAh, full output before it started dimming, that was pretty awesome. Malkoffs are the best in my book. So my guess will be Aug 15th at 9 a.m Let see who can get it it right. I mysef like the L modes and have quite a few of them including the M61NLLLL I'd say it would go for days.

Tracker II

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up Glock. I will give a 6pm report (24 hr) report this evening and a 6am (36 hr) report tomorrow morning. After that I will check it every hour although I won't report anything until I see dimming, or hit another 12 hr mark - whichever comes first.

I see a lot of M61L 219 talk going on here. My favorite light also until the M361N-LMH came out. For me, the extra 4 levels (I always use H/L rings) slightly outweighed the increased color rendering of the 219. Please Gene, come out with an M361-LMH 219 so I can say that my wildest dreams have indeed come true!

shudaizi

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, a M361 LMH 219 would get my money in a heartbeat too.

Thanks for the heads up Glock. I will give a 6pm report (24 hr) report this evening and a 6am (36 hr) report tomorrow morning. After that I will check it every hour although I won't report anything until I see dimming, or hit another 12 hr mark - whichever comes first.

I see a lot of M61L 219 talk going on here. My favorite light also until the M361N-LMH came out. For me, the extra 4 levels (I always use H/L rings) slightly outweighed the increased color rendering of the 219. Please Gene, come out with an M361-LMH 219 so I can say that my wildest dreams have indeed come true!