Klarus XT-30 vs Crelant 7G5-V2??

MSFenixE20

Newly Enlightened
I'm down to picking one of these two lights as throwers... I like the beamshots I'm seeing of the Crelant... and the option for the better thrower head... the only thing that bothers me is the UI of soft clicks to go through the modes. I like the Klarus' UI of a separate mode switch much better.

The Klarus, however, has very few reviews, if any, that I have found. Anyone own one and care to share how far it will shine and if it is comparable to the standard Crelant?

Thanks

Jaiofspam

Newly Enlightened
i dont own an xt30 but i do own an xt20 and the crelant 7g5 v2 and i can honestly say... although the crelant with or without the aspheric head throws exceptionally well for the price the UI is pale in comparison to the ingenius design of dual switch UI klarus. the klarus is also able to run on x4 primary cr123 as well which the crelant is not.

but the crelant 7g5 + collimator/aspheric lens sure does make me smile :). here it is in a well lit office environment (wall is 20-30feet away):
480464_10150933642245458_108310418_n.jpg

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The XT-30 isn't out yet but should be very soon.
The Klarus interface is probably the best there is. The ability to use primary cells is a nice option.
On the other hand the Crelant can also run on a single 18650. The mode changes have not been a problem for me since it has a memory mode and only three modes rather 4 or 5.

I think it boils down to your specific need and budget. An LEO might prefer the XT-30 but the general public may like the ability to swap heads. The XT-30 will also be more expensive.

Until the actual XT-30 hits stores we won't know if it has a larger and deeper reflector than the 7G5v2. No matter what I expect it to be a very fine light.