LENSLIGHT - beamshots? Does anyone have some?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

I'm wanting to buy a Lenslight, probably the 2 cell version, but I'd really like to see some beamshots from one before I fully commit I think. At the least, can someone give me an idea how the throw of this is compared to other more familiar similar sized lights, i.e. Fenix PD3 series or 4sevens lights etc. I've searched the forum and can't find anything recent at all.

Thanks much,
Dan

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless I messed up looking at that site, that is LED Lenser, and entirely separate (and IMHO not as good) light.

I have a lenslight 1X123 hi-cri in Ti. I do not have beamshots, and will not be likely to get them any time soon. However, I will say that when focused all the way to throw on high, it is impressive how efficiently it gets those lumens out there. Easily outhrows lights of similar power that are NOT super-dedicated throwers with a turbo head, etc. Very well might beat most turbo heads at the same power, too.

In flood mode on low, it is a fine walk around the house at night without turning on a bunch of lights light. Also, the beam, even in flood, is so cleanly delineated that if kept to non-reflective surfaces without much scatter (read-carpet), I can walk into the bedroom and not disturb a sleeping wife.

You can count me as a fan of them. If I get out for beamshots (highly unlikely) anytime soon, I'll be sure to post them here.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
i'm pretty sure an aspherical is an aspherical when it comes to beamshots, but yeah.. I guess I only half read the OP's request.. my bad !

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks everyone for chiming in. I should also mention that I've owned a DEFT EDC LR+ and really loved it. So I'm familiar with what the aspherical beams look like. I imagine the Lenslight falls somewhere between this and, say my, 4sevens 123x2 XML light. The Lenslight really has me interested though. I'll check out the link Norm.

Thanks again all :)

Jaiofspam

Newly Enlightened
i have a lenslight 2x123, what would you like to see it compared to? i dont have the best camera but i do hace a reasonable amount of lights lol. also keep in mind it is an aspheric lensed light so it will have a very even floody beam that can be focused down to just the emitter. it wouldnt be a fair comparison for normal reflectored lights imo.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a lenslight 2x123, what would you like to see it compared to? i dont have the best camera but i do hace a reasonable amount of lights lol. also keep in mind it is an aspheric lensed light so it will have a very even floody beam that can be focused down to just the emitter. it wouldnt be a fair comparison for normal reflectored lights imo.
Thanks, but I just went ahead and ordered a 2 cell version. Should arrive next week. I'll attempt to post some beasm shots.